CK3 PRO ck3 pro repair

chris2122

VIP Member
Mar 11, 2011
Sunderland
So I haphazardly grabbed a cable from a psu that had been cut off previously, soldered a usb 5v and neutral to the red and black wire on the rhs and it turns out the cable I used is a sata power cable from molex converter.

so I've just jammed 5v through the neutral and probably blown something, I lost this thing a while back and the buttons got destroyed and I replaced the buttons since I had some from some raspberry pi modding and they were almost identical to the old switches, so, bonus!

Anyway, I decided to just connect it up to the straight molex to test it and it's dead, no LEDs light up and it doesn't power a drive. So since I've fried something I need to figure out what I've fried so I can get a replacement part and jam it on there, though I can't seem to find any information on it...

Anyone help?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
Youll end up spending more in parts

chris2122

VIP Member
Mar 11, 2011
Sunderland
Youll end up spending more in parts
not necessarily, though if there was a ck3 mini in stock anywhere, I'd just buy one - I'm just waiting for my new multimeter anyway so I can check what components are dead.

It's a shame that tx has faded into obscurity these days, no new stocks around :( I even had to source a coolrunner from ebay which is probably a clone.

I can't wait until tx has a big comeback, biding my time - meanwhile I'm fiddling with some old equipment and different xboxes ��

Support Our Sponsors