CK3 PRO ck3 pro repair

chris2122

VIP+ Member
Mar 11, 2011
Sunderland
So I haphazardly grabbed a cable from a psu that had been cut off previously, soldered a usb 5v and neutral to the red and black wire on the rhs and it turns out the cable I used is a sata power cable from molex converter.

so I've just jammed 5v through the neutral and probably blown something, I lost this thing a while back and the buttons got destroyed and I replaced the buttons since I had some from some raspberry pi modding and they were almost identical to the old switches, so, bonus!

Anyway, I decided to just connect it up to the straight molex to test it and it's dead, no LEDs light up and it doesn't power a drive. So since I've fried something I need to figure out what I've fried so I can get a replacement part and jam it on there, though I can't seem to find any information on it...

Anyone help?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
Youll end up spending more in parts

chris2122

VIP+ Member
Mar 11, 2011
Sunderland
Youll end up spending more in parts
not necessarily, though if there was a ck3 mini in stock anywhere, I'd just buy one - I'm just waiting for my new multimeter anyway so I can check what components are dead.

It's a shame that tx has faded into obscurity these days, no new stocks around :( I even had to source a coolrunner from ebay which is probably a clone.

I can't wait until tx has a big comeback, biding my time - meanwhile I'm fiddling with some old equipment and different xboxes ��