CK3 Probe II Tutorial - PROBE V1 MODE (Liteon 74850)

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
This is a quick run through of how to use the CK3 Probe II. This tutorial is for Probe v1 function (Grabbing the DVD key from a Liteon 74850).

TIP

If you are having trouble with the drive detecting or key reading double check the cable and make sure that no wires have come loose out of the blocks

1. First make sure the OP SWITCH is in the OFF position (which is UP), and switch the MRA/PROBE switch to PROBE.

2. This is how you connect the CK3 Probe II to the CK3 Pro

3. When you power on the CK3 Pro you will see 2 x LED's on the CK3 Probe II, BLUE POWER LED & ORANGE STANDBY LED.

4. Now connect the GREEN probe to the R707 point on the Liteon 74850 PCB. At this point the CK3 Probe II is in STANDBY mode so there is no serial connection and the circuit is protected from any shorts (naturally you should still take care not to touch the voltage regulator that is right next to the R707 via hole).

5. When you connect to the R707 via hole you should notice the GREEN SERIAL LED light up. This means that a serial connection is present, however notice the ORANGE STANDBY LED is still lit, this means that the connection is still protected, but you are all ready to open up the circuit and start reading the key.

6. To start reading the key simply push down on the OP SWITCH and then the ORANGE STANDBY LED will go OFF and the GREEN SERIAL LED will remain ON. Jungle Flasher should now read your key with no problems when you select DVDkey32 button (On the latest version of Jungle Flasher theere is a timer when you right click on the DVDley32 button so you can get everything setup without having to rush around) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zangooo

pipadee2010

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2009
Doncaster
www.pipadeepcrepair.co.uk
Re: CK3 Probe II Tutorial - PROBE V1 MODE *PICS INSIDE*

YO YO tell you what you guys are amazing at what you do and the work and effort gone into these cheap and very effective products so yea TEAM XECUTER HAVE BEEN ROCKIN THE BOX SINCE 2002 and all of these amateurs that i seen posting bad things need to go and have a word with themselves I BUY XECUTER!!!!!

poopdic

Apr 24, 2010
cali
yea thats easy but the problem is that the probe 2 will still say error finding key doing that procedure. i have gotten mine to finally pick the key up after a bunch of trys and only getting 2-4 key lines so after seeing that the key was the sam after failing 5 time but pulled same key on retry i unchecked dummy.bin and then that worked only because i pulled same key somany times i saw they matched so do not know if they shipped some defective probes. i have heard maximus are better. o yea i read on other post people having same problem so fare no good answer. and i am curently working on another 74850c and i am having the same problem but this one is worse i keeps failing and does not even pull any keys at all so i dont know.

i have modded 40 boxes i am not a noob

Last edited:

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
yea thats easy but the problem is that the probe 2 will still say error finding key doing that procedure. i have gotten mine to finally pick the key up after a bunch of trys and only getting 2-4 key lines so after seeing that the key was the sam after failing 5 time but pulled same key on retry i unchecked dummy.bin and then that worked only because i pulled same key somany times i saw they matched so do not know if they shipped some defective probes. i have heard maximus are better. o yea i read on other post people having same problem so fare no good answer. and i am curently working on another 74850c and i am having the same problem but this one is worse i keeps failing and does not even pull any keys at all so i dont know.

i have modded 40 boxes i am not a noob
Of course Maximus isnt better lol

The fact is you are doing it wrong - its as simple as that. You've done 40 Xbox's but you can't do this correctly ? Even the Jungle Flasher guys who wrote the app say its the best tool they have used for this job. If it didn't work you would see THOUSANDS of posts - instead of just a few - and of those few all the guys have been helped through the process and they all got it working once they did the easy procedure correctly.

I would 100% guarantee that I could take your drive and get the key from it within 10 seconds using a probe 2.

This is how easy it is:

http://www.team-xecuter.com/video/liteon/74850/

and here is the review by the Jungle Flasher guys:

http://www.jungleflasher.net/review10.html

A bad workman always blames his tools :rolleyes:

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk
i could also get your drive dumped in 10 seconds. anyone who thinks maximus is better obviously prefers products that are over complicated and inferior to the competitors. the probe 2 is a work of art and its the easiest method for all liteon drives. its as simple as that, you cant get better.

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
my ck3 hdd adaptor does not pick up my drive i have usb connected and power connected no led is lit or anything and xplorer does not show any drive. any help would be great.
Wait a minute. You have been talking that you have modded over 40 boxes and you are not a noob.

yet you are using the HDD adapter with 2 x power sources (molex and usb are both a source of power for the 360 HDD) so probably have blown the drive and/or the hdd adapter, and you are not using the SATA cable ?

wow. the odds are GREATLY stacked against you my friend.

paulucho

Mar 26, 2010
Mexico
Hey Xecuter g-day, i-ve got in my hands a pretty ck3 probe II :p, already tested with a lite on 74xxx manufactued in June 2007.....it worked perfect it took me 7 minuts...but well i-ve got a question that i couldn-t find an answer around the forums and posts... yesterday a client told me through msn has a lite on 74xxx but manufactured in September 2008 and told him ok, just let me search if i need to do the cuts or just use the normal method, and well thats my question, from what series or manufactured date do i have to do the cuts or use the probe 1?

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk
if its a 7 series then regardless of manafacture date it can be dumped with the probe v1 but you have the option to do the cuts if you want a full dump. the 8 series v1 can be dumped by using just sata but the 9 series and 8 series v2 have to be dumped using the mra hack. if you prefer though you can use the mra on all versions of the liteon.

hope that helps mate.

Last edited:

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
Hey Xecuter g-day, i-ve got in my hands a pretty ck3 probe II :p, already tested with a lite on 74xxx manufactued in June 2007.....it worked perfect it took me 7 minuts...but well i-ve got a question that i couldn-t find an answer around the forums and posts... yesterday a client told me through msn has a lite on 74xxx but manufactured in September 2008 and told him ok, just let me search if i need to do the cuts or just use the normal method, and well thats my question, from what series or manufactured date do i have to do the cuts or use the probe 1?
Doesn't matter about the date its a 7 series :)

No cuts or anything else needed :)

I should add that a "full dump" is not needed at all for the 74850 - this is mis-information that laser calibration data is required from a full dump - no it is not this has already been proven.

Hope this helps.

paulucho

Mar 26, 2010
Mexico
thank you both for your help....
n for the record here in Mex i still couldnt find a conductive glue so ill buy on ebay :)

paulucho

Mar 26, 2010
Mexico
hi guys :), A lite on came to me with characteristics

Model No. DG-16D2S-09C
January 2010
HW Ver A0A2
FW Ver 93450C

So my question is; do i use the MRA Hack as it was a 2009?....
Have a good day :)

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
Yep. It's a 9 series. I think they started punting these out round about September last year, could be wrong but that's not important.
You could use the probe v2, LT switch 1 or 1.5.