CK3i Not Working / Power LED always on / Not Detecting ?

hayder_cekar

Nov 22, 2010
i have same problem so i stall can use it a power source for my drive ?? and i can unplug the molex and plug again to do lite on ears ?? is there any dangerous on my drive ??

joker2009

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2012
rhode island

clonadlad

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2011
Sorry to bump an old thread but I have this problem but weirdly enough it can still eject the DVD drive??

I'm fairly sure the power light was always on from day one and I definitely was able to use the ck3i when this happened.

Kamikaze1986

Nov 3, 2011
I have this same problem with the green light always on. I used the device to do my Xbox when I first purchased the product and all was fine. The molex cables inside my PC are shaped with the curves and I have not plugged it in the wrong way. Pain in the ass because i was supposed to do a friends xbox today! Can't even remember what website i purchased it off!

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
if anyone is in need of these pl2303 in usa i have some,pm me if you want to try replacing it,i would'nt bother if your soldering skills are still at a novice/beginner level.

pipadee2010

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2009
Doncaster
www.pipadeepcrepair.co.uk
Well 12 or so years on and i will fix this kit besides my wife tx kit is my baby still all this time after the scene aint done yet.
from all indications from ubergeek and xecuter it looks as though the pl2303 chip has gone so removed and made sure pin 1 is recorded ready to re fit.

I have never plugged it in the wrong way round in 12 years my bipra kits inductor blew and blew my ck3i after much testing and work on the multimeter its pointing to this solution everytime no usb registration at point of plugging in im hoping this fix is it just waiting for chip to arrive then i will post results otherwise shop01 ill have to buy an x360usb pro v2 (suprised they still have some hope they are not fake with an £86.99 price tag)
Hope the soldering is ok let me know if i need to change its my first ic chip removal anyone if your out there still please comment thank you