Cloud Saves and SX OS (N00b questions in this thread)

vegito

Noob Account
Mar 6, 2019
New York
Hello. I have a clean switch on 4.1. Is it possible to get emunand online to download my cloud saves? (Or reupload them on occasion) I understand this could be risky, but I'd only be enabling it for a short period of time once a month to sync my saves with a patched switch. I do not intend on modifying the saves or using pirated games to create them. (Legit cartridges only for me) I mostly just want to be able to use cheats in single player when on the modified console. Is this the usual ban risk, or is it a higher ban risk than cloud access on the OFW?

Also does SX OS 2.5.3 6.2 even support accessing Nintendo services or are they gated behind "latest firmware only" (I'm fine waiting for 7.0.1 support to make this work)

I have yet to hack my switch pending figuring out the best method to occasionally sync my saves to the patched console.

Appreciate all help/advice. Thanks!

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
It for sure would be risky. You can just use Checkpoint or SX Installer to backup your save locally. Then copy them to your computer. Much less headache.

As of now SX does not support 7.0.1 which is what you would need to be on to connect to Nintendo's services. Not sure there is really an easy way to do it that way right now since SX does not boot 7.0.1 yet.

vegito

Noob Account
Mar 6, 2019
New York
Ah ok. What about when it does support 7.0.1? I really want a way to sync these saves with a switch not vulnerable to the tegra exploit

Edit: Well apparently my online switch is vulnerable to tegra. Would I be able to sync saves between hacked switch emunand and online swith ofw via biskeydump and hacdiskmount safely? online switch would never touch CFW and I'd only operate on saves via nand backup/restores.

I'm also not modifying the saves in any way to cheat online.

Last edited:

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Possibly. I haven't used either of those tools personally, but I guess if you know what you are doing and what folders to look for.

イーブイ

Noob Account
Jan 30, 2019
Japan
From what I know about saves you can’t normally transfer saves using Hacdiskmount between switches because they are signed with your switches keys(?). Someone please correct me if i’m wrong. From what i’ce Read, you need to be able to sign them between the transfer process to have the switch accept them as originating from the new switch when not using a home brew like checkpoint.

Support Our Sponsors