collector voltage repair, now FRAG'in :(

snout

Noob Account
Dec 19, 2004
uk
hey all, My first post on these forums!

The story starts:

I had an xbox V.1.1 which I had installed an xecuter 2.4lite in.. I was happy until I saw the X3 chip :D

I aquired an 1.6 xbox and swapped the mobo/psu and controller ports over (1.6 xbox in a 1.1 case) and installed the X3, it was superb :) Everything worked fine (X3 and m$ dash).

Then one day my xbox goes dead?? After a bit of researching I discover that the cases on the xbox models differ and I have shorted out a transister on the mobo.... ok, so I go to RS and buy a few replacement transisters (mmbt3906lt1) and replaced the transister, trimmed back the case so it doesnt short again.

Now my xbox has power again :lol:

but.............

When I boot with X3 disabled m$ dash loads fine...[/list]

When I boot with X3 enabled (on, on, off, off, off) I get power, off, power, off, FRAG

When I boot from backup bios (Eject + Power) I get power, off, power, off, FRAG

I figure something has happend to the bios since it was working before the shortout, but have not a clue how to fix it??

Can anyone help out?
Thanx

Audi90Quattro

Nov 30, 2004
Michigan
Since you are using a 1.6 mobo and psu you need to have 1) Flashbios 3.0.3 installed for the backup to work on a 1.6 and 1959_v16plus flashed for the chip to work with a 1.6 If you can reflash with those you should be good to go.

snout

Noob Account
Dec 19, 2004
uk
thanks for the speedy reply :D

I was using 1959_v16plus before the shortout without probs.

How can I flash the X3 chip when I can only boot into M$ dashboard? I cant get into the X3 menu when its enabled :( well I can tboot anything when X3 is enabled :?:

snout

Noob Account
Dec 19, 2004
uk
solved it :D

I must have loosened the lpc while fixing the collecter transister.. removed the lpc rebuild and resoldered... all fine now :D

romracer

Loyal Member
Dec 6, 2002
MS Point scam cost Microsoft over $1 million

That seemingly unintelligible string of numbers and letters attached to MS Point cards and Xbox Live Gold trials has an underlying code, a kind of system in place, a group of hackers found out yesterday. Using old claimed codes, this group was able to come up with an algorithm to generate new, valid code strings -- those who input the code got 160 MS Points and could refresh the site for more. Later, through a separate channel, hackers were able to exploit the algorithm to generate codes for a Halo: Reach Banshee Avatar prop.

This forum seems to be the origin point of the algorithm in question, where some users have claimed to have gathered hundreds of dollars in MS Points; current estimates put the total damage to Microsoft at over $1 million. Microsoft has since had the codes pulled, though we have to wonder if there's any other countermeasure the company could use to catch these individuals.

Honestly, we're a bit too busy staring at these awesome lightsabers we just got for our Avatar to worry about such things. Lightsabers that were, uh, totally acquired through legal, completely ethical means -- yeah.

Source

ReMix

Console Freak
Nov 4, 2003
hehe this post is 4 months old

Microsoft had the "free points" patched within a day

hotspot

Feb 3, 2004
wow thats one hell of a loophole in the php code that they found. Im sure there will be other loop holes out there that people are keeping to themselves this time round...
I'm slowly getting free G by being part of the XBL Rewards thing. Slowly getting enough to get the next Reach Map Pack, as i had an odd amount left from my 2100 that i purchased :( lol