Compatibility with Switch on OFW 2.3.0

emusnes

Noob Account
Feb 7, 2019
USA
I have a new in box older model Switch with 2.3.0 that I just booted up. My goal was to install Emunand and run at CFW 9.0.1 and leave OFW at 2.3.0. It appears that the newer versions of SX OS do not support 2.3.0 as I get an error at the home screen when booting CFW. Does anyone have a list of older firmware that support OFW 2.3.0 and emunand? I tested SX OS 2.0.1 and that works fine but I was not sure if that was the latest release that would work.

For now I ended up using SX OS 2.0.1 and ChoiDujourNX to get my firmware to 9.0.1 without emunand. I can now boot CFW with SX OS 2.9.3 beta. Would it be possible to create a new emunand right now at 9.0.1 then downgrade my OFW to 2.3.0 using my nand backup? That way I would have stock nand at OFW 2.3.0 and boot emunand to CFW 9.0.1?

Kind of a lot of info, and not sure I made sense...

Thanks

josete2k

Dec 1, 2018
Yes, you can do it.

Remember to keep enabled the autorcm features when updating with choidujournx.

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Well SX 1.0 started with support for FW 5.1. So I am not sure how many people have tested lower FWs. You may just have to go through them. Hopefully you made a nand backup before updating though.

Also as a note since you have updated to 9.x you will not be able to use your cart slow if you do ever downgrade. The cart slot got updated in FW 4.x I believe and then again in in 9.0. Basically you will get an error if you downgrade to a lower FW if there is a cartridge in the slot.