Conductive Silver Glue On Sale

Eamon

Feb 23, 2010
Hey, just received the glue.
It doesn't have a tool to use to spread it though?

What should I use to apply the glue? A pen/wire?
I'm a noob at electronics =(

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
I just spoke to Mod Traders and gave them a couple of sweetners so they could drop the price to the same as available in other places so this glue is now 5.95 GBP

Obviously this isn't the glue we had manufactured - that's why it says Xecuter APPROVED. We tested this stuff and it works really well for trace repairs - but you gotta use tiny amounts.

Our product is actually conductive INK - you'll see soon - its taking AGES to get it approved - but is absolutley brilliant for this very job :)

garry_b

Oct 16, 2009
hey guys as you have made videos for all the other things can someone please make a video of how to use this glue please i know i might probably get flamed for posting this but im a noob and wold like to learn something new and xecuter products have helped me learn and achieve something new throughout all these years so please if someone can post the video of using this glue to rebuild traces i would be very grateful to that person.sorry for my bad english.thanks for reading.

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk
its really simple mate. apply the glue with a toothpick. just a small amount to actaually bridge the cut. if youre not confident then do it in stages. a small amount then test for continuity and if its not done then do a bit more.

theres a thread by modmonster about the repair and it includes pics. cant make it any easier mate.

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54057&highlight=modmonster

have a look through that for a start mate and itll give you a rough idea of how much glue to apply.

Last edited:

klbjr

Noob Account
Apr 11, 2010
USA
Hello. I ordered the conductive glue from mod traders. It came in a little glass vial with this printed on the side:

Leitsilber L100
Conducting silver

I was wondering if this is the right stuff because when it came you could see where the silver separated from the water or whatever other liquid is in it. After it shaking it up thoroughly it still is very watery. Should it be thick like other glues or more like a paint/ink consistency?

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Im kinda amazed at why you would ask if its the right stuff when we have been telling everyone that is the stuff to buy

You should just follow the instructions and use it THEN ask questions later if you have trouble.

klbjr

Noob Account
Apr 11, 2010
USA
Im kinda amazed at why you would ask if its the right stuff when we have been telling everyone that is the stuff to buy

You should just follow the instructions and use it THEN ask questions later if you have trouble.
I haved used it that is why I'm asking because I have ruined 2 drives so far. Have installed about 10 LT Switches with no problem but decied to try out the Probe II to stay away from soldering. Well I made my cuts and checked with multimeter. Flash goes good, but this stuff won't repair the cuts correctly. Have applied it a few times just to make sure I got the whole cut, still no dice. Now the Xbox nor Jungleflasher will recogonize the drives.

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
You could always buy some other stuff if your not happy with it like the conductive pen I use in my tut (see sig). Then your drives wont be broke. Simples.
To be honest, your the first person Ive heard about that has had problems with the conductive glue.
Dont take it the wrong way, Im sure you know what your on about, its just very rare.

klbjr

Noob Account
Apr 11, 2010
USA
Well I'm not sure what i could be doing wrong. It's only a dab of glue/ink. The hard part is making the cuts and flashing. Cuts....OK. JF reading drive...OK JF flashing drive...OK. Glue rapairing cuts...NEGATIVE. Thinking maybe I got a bad batch becuse how could I mess up 2 drops of glue on 3 different drives.