Conductive Silver Glue On Sale

fox777

Jul 11, 2010
yeah I have same problem as guy above.. The glue is SUPER watery so it doesn't look like glue and not anywhere as thick. This makes it really hard to apply with toothpick since it's like dipping it in water. It doesn't stick to toothpick

Edit: Ok. I am really frustrated now. This glue is seriously like water...How the heck are you guys putting it on with toothpick?? Maybe I got defective glue? (since it basically like water even after shacking the bottle for 1hr)

Last edited:

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk
when the clear liquid dries it dries hard, it also contains the silver particles which make it conductive. when i dip my toothpick in i rub the side of the vial as well and it collects a little bit more silver. then apply to the cut. even if you dont scrape the side, the toothpick will be wet so if you get a magnifying glass and look where youve applied the liquid you can see it. its simple, i thought it looked watery when i first got it but i assure you it works perfect.

by the way its liquid glue and thats the reason its watery, as i said before it dries solid. dip your toothpick and wipe it on a tissue and youll see that the toothpick is collecting plenty of the glue.

Last edited:

maximass

Aug 16, 2010
Bedfordshire
You could always buy some other stuff if your not happy with it like the conductive pen I use in my tut (see sig). Then your drives wont be broke. Simples.
To be honest, your the first person Ive heard about that has had problems with the conductive glue.
Dont take it the wrong way, Im sure you know what your on about, its just very rare.
Was reading the post that you use a conductive pen, what is this if you dont mind me asking? looked at your v cut fix post didnt see pen there mentioned either

That chap could have broughthe conductive PAINT. As when you check ebay it says conductive glue - paint then there is one called conductive gel - glue

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=Conductive+Silver+Glue&_sacat=0&_dmpt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&_odkw=Conductive+Silver+Glue&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Last edited:

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
Was reading the post that you use a conductive pen, what is this if you dont mind me asking? looked at your v cut fix post didnt see pen there mentioned either

That chap could have broughthe conductive PAINT. As when you check ebay it says conductive glue - paint then there is one called conductive gel - glue

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=Conductive+Silver+Glue&_sacat=0&_dmpt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&_odkw=Conductive+Silver+Glue&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
The pen I was referring to is mentioned at the top of the page in my tut, last line above the big yellow box. It says
Circuit Works Conductive pen with Micro Tip (CW2200MTP).
I bought it from maplins, I think it was about £20.
I now use solder rather than conducive ink, paint, glue, whatever it may be called.

Not sure why your referring to eBay as the chap bought it from modtraders. Maybe something else you missed.

Last edited:

maximass

Aug 16, 2010
Bedfordshire
The pen I was referring to is mentioned at the top of the page in my tut, last line above the big yellow box. It says
Circuit Works Conductive pen with Micro Tip (CW2200MTP).
I bought it from maplins, I think it was about £20.
I now use solder rather than conducive ink, paint, glue, whatever it may be called.

Not sure why your referring to eBay as the chap bought it from modtraders. Maybe something else you missed.
Yep saw the pen on maplin site too.

Nope I did read the bit about buying it on the site but just wanted to mention to him about the paint and the glue ones asx they look the same in that pic I saw and well sometimes people forget where they brought an item. :rolleyes:

I go by the thoughts that you may find something cheaper elsewhere but not always what the labels say. Best to go to the recomended sites when using xecuter goods with gel, cutters etc.

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
Yeah, I know a lot of these things look similar to its difficult sometimes to weed out the good from the bad, but its like replica watches or copys of say a Ralf Lauren shirt, they might look the same but they are a lot different.
The upshot is, if you / someone buys a product from an official xecuter reseller, a) you have your rights as a consumer should the product be defective, warranty etc.. and b) we can help with support you.

It's when people buy crap of eBay or Craigslist if where ever that isn't recommended, and wonder why it for a wrong.

I do know that with conducive paints, gels, ink that they do separate so they need to be manipulated before use.

maximass

Aug 16, 2010
Bedfordshire
Without being an a.. licker your spot on. Us new to the scene of XBOX modding should not worry so much about saving a £ or 2 but follow guys like you that have been there and done it before us and use what you recommend.

If we dont then we cant complain when something goes wrong or doesnt work. I am talking from experience here as well, as didnt follow instructions from right source and ballsed up then I went to xecuter site and made the stupid mistake of not reading a line right lol doh however didnt mess up to much as had the exact hardware from xecuter range and now no probs with modding. Though as yet havent come across any liteon drives hence havent got the gel, pen yet.

jorgesalas831

VIP Member
Aug 2, 2010
California
Yea you are right

jorgesalas831

VIP Member
Aug 2, 2010
California
i dont know but yea most likely