Controllers not working wirelessly on both Emunand and Sysnand

ybmug

Jul 31, 2018
Greetings TX cadets! So, I just got a new set of joy-cons for my switch and I paired them to my system in emunand. They work great when attached to the system and when using them wirelessly. However, when I move over to use them on sysnand, they only work when attached to the system. When I detach to use them wirelessly, they will not sync with the system. Even when I have the system search for them and even when I press that tiny reset button on the side. The only way I've been able to get them to work again is to disconnect/reset all existing controllers on my system. Here's the rub though; after I did that, all my my other existing controllers had to be re-synced to sysnand and they are no longer recognized wirelessly on emunand anymore. Meaning that whenever I want use my controllers wirelessly now, I have to disconnect and re-sync on the nand that it's not being recognized on. I suppose I could fix this by deleting my emunand, make sure that all of my controllers are working (attached and wirelessly), and create a new emunand with all the sync info matching. This is a pain however and I was wondering if anyone know of a better way to fix this?

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
This is going to sound like a stupid question, but ill ask anyways. Do you have airplane mode turned on?

josete2k

Dec 1, 2018
Here same... With OFW 6.2.0 and emunand 6.1.0.

But I can pair them in the controllers menu and SYNC button.

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
It does sound like a bug, but also the settings in emunand and OFW are separate settings. Anything you do in OFW will not effect your emunand or vice versa. I would just resync them in OFW and then boot to emunand and sync them again. If you do not use OFW for anything I would just sync them with emunand and leave it at that. If you need to use both, maybe sync 1 set to emunand and another set to OFW so you dont have to keep resyncing. Sorry I don't have a better answer. I don't boot to OFW for anything anymore to check.

SniperKil

Noob Account
Dec 18, 2018
I’m also having some extreme controller weirdness with EmuNAND and having to fight with resyncing the JoyCons every time I remove them from the console.

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud