RGH Coolrunner and extracting DVD key

subplay

Feb 22, 2012
Hello All, and this is my first post here.

Ok I have just purchased a Coolrunner, it comes with QSB Boards and a LPT Coolrunner flash.

Now all I want to do is connect the coolrunner upto the mobo to extract the DVD Key and that is it. Is there any guide someone can point me the direction of?

I purely bought the coolrunner just for DVd key extraction and nothing else.

Thankyou all

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

reefz3ro

VIP Member
May 30, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
you dont copy xell to the coolrunner. you put your respective motherboards glitch timings on the coolrunner. you flash your xell glitch image to the motherboard to get the key then when your done you flash your original nand dump back to motherboard if your not looking to RGH the console.

Reactions: subplay

Bobby__

Noob Account
Feb 26, 2014
Not if he is using LPT to read / write the nand...
I just bought a Coolrunner Rev. C for my Falcon and can't find a comprehensive A-Z guide on what I need to retrieve my DVD Key.
What hardware & software do I need
Steps would be nice !
Thanks Guys.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I just bought a Coolrunner Rev. C for my Falcon and can't find a comprehensive A-Z guide on what I need to retrieve my DVD Key.
What hardware & software do I need
Steps would be nice !
Thanks Guys.
You just follow the RGH guides to boot xell. Get your DVD key and write the original NAND back afterwards.

You're getting the DVD key from the keyvault, which you need the CPU key for (gotten from xell).

This has been written a number of times over the years.

Bobby__

Noob Account
Feb 26, 2014
Yes I understand all of that but I'm unsure If I install the Coolrunner first, do I have to flash it, what is the first step?
Can you provide a link to DVD Key Retrieval via Coolrunner?
Thanks for the quick reply!

Bobby__

Noob Account
Feb 26, 2014
Yes I've already read the J-runner guide but it says nothing about if I need a TX Nand-X Programmer or not.
Which the Guide for installing the Reset Glitch Hack using a Team Xecuter Coolrunner states that I do need

Bobby__

Noob Account
Feb 26, 2014
Yes I've already read the J-runner guide but it says nothing about if I need a TX Nand-X Programmer or not.
Which the Guide for installing the Reset Glitch Hack using a Team Xecuter Coolrunner states that I do need

Bobby__

Noob Account
Feb 26, 2014
So I do need a [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Xecuter J-R Programmer v2 since the NAND-X has been discontinued ...[/FONT]

gazcoigne

BANNED
Jan 31, 2005
Belfast, UK
you need a device referred to as a USB SPI programmer to interface with the xbox 360 NAND chip to read and write NAND images to the console.

examples of these are the NAND-x and JRPv2. they are different examples of the same thing.

in short you do the following

1. solder in the JRPv2/NAND-x

2. dump the original NAND image AND KEEP IT SAFE!!!

3. install the coolrunner using correc tguide depending on current dashboard kernel

4. flash the approriate ECC to the xbox NAND

5. flash the appropriate timing files to the coolrunner depending on motherboard revision

6. boot xbox to get XELL and record CPU key

7. enter CPU key into JRUNNER and load your original NAND dump which will then decrypt the NAND and give you your DVD key and OSIG etc

8. flash back your original NAND image to the xbox using JRPv2/NAND-x

9. remove coolrunner and all wiring.