RGH Coolrunner - Dual boot / Dual nand HELP

wevans59

Sep 20, 2014
SOLVED Coolrunner - Dual boot / Dual nand HELP

I recently purchased the coolrunner REV. C. I installed it in my XBOX 360 S 4GB.
It is a corona V2 with a liteon 1175 and so far everything is working great.
I also have an ODDE and I want to install it,
could I Dual Boot without installing a mechanical switch or do I need to Dual Nand with a mechanical switch?
How could I do this if the coolrunner is already installed. Also, pros and cons please.

Thanks in advance,
wevans59

Last edited:

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
You have two options. One is to flash back to stock everytime you want to play on XBL with your ODDE (I assume that's why you have it). Two is to get a dual nand demon (which does have a switch). However, demon and 4GB coronas dont play nice together without modifying your motherboard.

wevans59

Sep 20, 2014
So, if I flash back to stock would I have to remove the coolrunner?
I just got it to extract the dvd key primarily, but I might use it more in the future.

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
You can just turn the switch to program and flash back to stock in lieu of removing the coolrunner.

wevans59

Sep 20, 2014
I'm going to assume I need a backup of the original nand for this to work?
Also, Cygnos360?

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
I'm going to assume I need a backup of the original nand for this to work?
Also, Cygnos360?
You can dump your current nand and build a retail image. Not sure what your question is about the cygnos. This is a TX support forum, so those arent supported here. You will run into the same issues with your 4GB Corona with a cygnos.

From the sounds of your questions, perhaps you should find someone to do this for you. If you're not wanting to do that, I would suggest you read up as much as you can on what mods you have installed and what it is you want to do. If you dont do research and you try to do this yourself, things can go bad quickly.

Reactions: wevans59

wevans59

Sep 20, 2014
Sorry for bothering you, but can I flash the original nand from the console itself through homebrew or do I need something external?

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
You can, but it's risky. If something goes wrong your console will be bricked until you use a programmer to correctly write it. You must also flip the switch on the coolrunner to program after or it won't boot.