RGH Corona 4gb R/W Qsb – Not glitching without removing 4Gb r/w Qsb first

Jos Dekker

VIP Member
I read many comments about not to remove the Corona 4gb qsb, i got a question about this because i can not retrieve the key WITHOUT removing first the 4Gb Qsb. Proberly i’m doing something wrong but can not configure out what.
Before removel of the 4Gb Qsb the green pulse light on the CR light keeps ging pulses without glitch, after i remove the 4 Gb Qsb directly i get a glitch and can grab the Cpu key.
The same story for writing the freeboot image. I installed the 4Gb Qsb again to write the image to the xbox, after this i started up the xbox. The green pulse lights is blinking but no glitch, after i remove the 4Gb Qsb it directly glitch.
I hope somebody can help me with this, thanks in advance.

Settings

S2- 1,6 on
S4 – 4,5 on
Lk1 – Closed
Lk2 – Closed
Lk3 – Open
Lk4- Open

File: 3-2

Corona V2

Jos Dekker

VIP Member
Do you have a picture where the QSB was installed? Could be some answers in there.
I don't have images of of the qsb connected, i had to remove the Qsb to get a glitch.
Unfortunately i ripped a pad after removing it and the xbox won't turn on but this is another story. See post http://www.xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96948

(see example picture how it was). The qsb was soldered correctly.

GoRo2010

VIP Member
Jan 30, 2012
It could have been that the solder was bridging as it is extremely fine soldering, it is highly unlikely that the QSB was faulty, the QSB by itself cannot impact if the console will glitch or not so it only leaves the soldering...

So unfortunately without the picture where the QSB was installed nobody will be able to assist.

In regards with the lifted pad, I know that there is alternative points for CPU_RST, POST_OUT ect, but I haven't seen one for the Corona NAND points "Correct me if I am wrong"

I hope you win bud.

Reactions: Jos Dekker

Jos Dekker

VIP Member
It could have been that the solder was bridging as it is extremely fine soldering, it is highly unlikely that the QSB was faulty, the QSB by itself cannot impact if the console will glitch or not so it only leaves the soldering...

So unfortunately without the picture where the QSB was installed nobody will be able to assist.

In regards with the lifted pad, I know that there is alternative points for CPU_RST, POST_OUT ect, but I haven't seen one for the Corona NAND points "Correct me if I am wrong"

I hope you win bud.
Thanks, i know it's difficult to detect something without a picture. I know the solder was not bridging to other points.