Corona booting to xell not booting to dashboard

Man1ak737

Mar 6, 2019
Ireland
Hey guys . I've read the nand of corona created and wrote ecc booted to xell. but after creating xebuild and writing it the console doesn't boot. I have wrote the stock nand and it boots to dash.so not shure what to do now.any ideas?
here is the log:
J-Runner v0.3 Beta (8) Started

It's advised to run in administrator mode on Windows 8
WARNING! - Your selected working directory already contains files!
You can view these files by using 'Show Working Folder' Button
Welcome Back
Checking Files
Finished Checking Files
Initializing nanddump1.bin..
Corona
Glitch2 Selected
Nand Initialization Finished
Checking Console..
Version: 00
Wrong Version.
Can not continue
Checking Console..
Wrong Version.
Can not continue
Corona
CR4 Selected
ECC created
Wrong Version.
Checking Console..
Wrong Version.
Can not continue
Checking Console..
Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x00043000
Corona
CB Version: 13182
Corona
ECC created
Writing Nand
image_00000000.ecc
Done!
in 0:18 min:sec
CpuKey is Correct
Added Key to Database
Corona
Moving All files from output folder to C:\Users\user\Desktop\J-Runner v4 Nehi Update\078129143308
Load Files Initiliazation Finished
Started Creation of the 17526 xebuild image
KV Info saved to file
---------------------------------------------------------------
xeBuild v1.19.804
base path changed to C:\Users\user\Desktop\xeBuild
---- { Image Build Mode } ----
building glitch2 image
done! fsroot found ok!
C:\Users\user\Desktop\J-Runner v4 Nehi Update\078129143308\updflash.bin image built, info:
Kernel : 2.0.17526.0
Console : Corona
NAND size : 16MiB
Build : Glitch (v2)
Xell : power on console with console eject button

Last edited:

Man1ak737

Mar 6, 2019
Ireland
do you get any popup when creating freeboot img?
Welcome Back
Checking Files
Finished Checking Files
Checking Console..
Corona
CB Version: 13121
Corona
Corona
Glitch2 Selected
Corona
Initializing updflash.bin..
Corona
CR4 Selected
CR4 de-Selected
Writing Nand
updflash.bin
Done!
in 3:41 min:sec

chris2122

VIP Member
Mar 11, 2011
Sunderland
It is ace v5 chip
The Ace chip is not a Team-Xecuter product and thus support is not offered on this platform. Doubly so since the Ace V5 even has a newer (more convoluted) install method.

Just ensure you're selecting RGH 2 in JRunner when creating your freebuild image and whatever other settings that may be required (winbond patch for Corona V5/V6 slim E series boards?) other than that, can't help you with that particular chip.

Man1ak737

Mar 6, 2019
Ireland
The Ace chip is not a Team-Xecuter product and thus support is not offered on this platform. Doubly so since the Ace V5 even has a newer (more convoluted) install method.

Just ensure you're selecting RGH 2 in JRunner when creating your freebuild image and whatever other settings that may be required (winbond patch for Corona V5/V6 slim E series boards?) other than that, can't help you with that particular chip.
hi there.when I checked the WINBOND it booted to dashboard so it helped.thanks .however when I desoldered JR PROGRAMMER it does not boot any more . the chips LED not blinking anymore.so not shure what I did there
Ive tried dumping retail nand and desoldered 3.3 and gnd points.still no boot. here is a pic16383

Last edited:

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark
You're install looks like a mess, and can see your GND wire ain't connected to the acev5 board

Desolder all cables, clean up the board, make sure console can boot to org dash, trim wires and resolder using flux
We also need photo og the buttom of the board

Man1ak737

Mar 6, 2019
Ireland
You're install looks like a mess, and can see your GND wire ain't connected to the acev5 board

Desolder all cables, clean up the board, make sure console can boot to org dash, trim wires and resolder using flux
We also need photo og the buttom of the board
Ive desoldered ground and 3.3v points and dumped retail nand to check if it boots to retail but no luck there.i will desolder everything and clean up the board.but right now i'm going away for a few weeks.so will post the news. thanks for your help

chris2122

VIP Member
Mar 11, 2011
Sunderland
Looks to me like there's bridges around C1 and C2, but in general it's clear to see you haven't used any flux, I suggest you invest in some flux and shorten the length of exposed wires. Also maybe use a smaller tip so you don't hit points you don't mean to, and be cautious of where you're pointing the soldering iron, it isn't just the tip that gets hot, the entire metal body will get hot enough to melt plastic.

You probably should've just taken this to a professional installer which would have cost you less than buying a JR Programmer, glitch chip, postfix adapter and other tools. If you want to learn how to solder, start with old junk boards and remove/replace caps. Don't practice on something you intend on seeing working, chances are you'll short something out, blow a fuse, or fry some component, which is difficult to diagnose without the correct tools or know-how, and leads to lots more work.

I'd also venture to say your soldering iron is too hot.

Support Our Sponsors