Corona points not reading correctly.

TH3Taco

Noob Account
Mar 29, 2017
Hello, I have a V1 Corona that I bought. I soldered my leads into the points as normal and tried to read it's nand. Couldn't get it to read and after searching, I found Martin C's guide about read errors and measured all of the six points. Points 1 and 3 read .06 and 2 read 3.4, and I couldn't get a reading for 4(ohms). 5 and 6 read just fine as well. Console powers on and plays normal. It is on retail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

TH3Taco

Noob Account
Mar 29, 2017
I would, but I desoldered the legs already, because I was going to mod a trinity. It wasn't my soldering though. The points 1 and 3 are not getting their correct voltage. They are both getting .05-.06. Console will turn on and play stock. If need be, I can take pictures of the points without the legs.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Are you sure the motherboard is a V1 and not a V3?

Most (if not all) Corona V3 motherboards have three missing resistors near the J2C3 header, so the solder pads need to be bridged to make the connections:

- R2C10 - Enable NAND Read / Write
- R2C6 / R2C7 - Enable I2C For RGH

We can't advise any further until we see photos of your wiring.

scott1503

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2012
Harrogate, North Yorkshire , uk
Last edited:

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
That's better - thanks buddy.

OP: Remove the extensions from your wires, clean up the SPI points and solder the wires directly to the pads on the headers.

Once you know your soldering is good, make sure you do things in this order:

1. Plug Power Adapter In To XBOX (DON'T SWITCH IT ON)
2. Connect JRP To PC / Laptop
2. Launch J-Runner & Press F2 To Make Sure You Get Flash Config 0x00043000
3. Read NAND Twice & Make Sure The Dumps Match

Once you have a good NAND backup (put it somewhere safe because you will probably need it again in the future), you can install your glitch chip and then proceed to create / write the ECC image to grab the CPU key via XeLL and then build / write a glitch image to the console.

Let us know if these steps work.