Corona QSB V3 will not read nand

ijtag

Noob Account
Aug 30, 2016
I have a corona v3 motherboard that I am trying to RGH. I am using a corona QSB v3 to read the nand with a nand-x. When I try to read the nand i get Version 3 Flash Config: 0x00000000 Cannot continue. I know this usually means there is a problem with the soldering but i double checked everything and it seemed good with none of the points bridged. Then i checked continuity with a multimeter to make sure the points were soldered good enough to the board and found that each one had a current to the correct wire but noticed that the yellow wire also had a current to two other points could not be touching in any way. In the provided picture the red arrow shows the problem point and the yellow and blue arrows show the points the multimeter beeped for to show it had a current between the points. Is this a something wrong with the qsb or my soldering?

IMG_0606.JPG

ijtag

Noob Account
Aug 30, 2016
Thank you for replying. When you say fix up the soldering what do you mean exactly? Do you mean resolder all the points or just the trouble ones? I have used both flux and rubbing alcohol on all the points and it still gives me an error.

Running4Hippos

VIP Member
Dec 22, 2015
Ontario, Canada
go over the points with desoldering braid and redo the points or just heat up the old points till the make a good connection and look clean.

Could u also take a better more focused photo

ijtag

Noob Account
Aug 30, 2016
Ok I desoldered the QSB to clean the area and make sure there were no problems under the QSB. I then test the three point for continuity and all three no matter the combination so that they have continuity between the points. Is the board designed this way? Are the points supposed to have continuity to each other?

Last edited:

Running4Hippos

VIP Member
Dec 22, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Just solder the nand x directly to the points, no need for a qsb.

About the continuity, i dont know maybe someone else may be able to answer that question

ijtag

Noob Account
Aug 30, 2016
If I have to do a direct wire install for my nand which point does the red wire on my CR4 XL go to?

ijtag

Noob Account
Aug 30, 2016
When installing this i followed the steps taken in a youtube series called CR4 install guide for Corona V5Xbox 360E. It has 5 parts and in the second part he bridged three pairs of points. I read some where that after V1/V2 the install is the same. Is this not true when it comes to bridging these points? Also again which point does the red wire on my CR4 XL go to?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvZJGfmtUHQ

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
Cr4 doest use those points so it doesn't need bridging
R2C10 does need bridging (for NAND R/W), but it appears the resistor is there. Just for clarification.

ijtag

Noob Account
Aug 30, 2016
So to read the nand on my Corona V3 motherboard I need to unbridge R2C4, remove the resistor on R2C10 and then bridge those points. Correct?

ijtag

Noob Account
Aug 30, 2016
ok did direct wire install still nothing. Still having continuity problems with those three points.

Running4Hippos

VIP Member
Dec 22, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Are you 100% sure this is a corona v3, it could be a v2, v4 or v6 make sure you double check the identification chart

ijtag

Noob Account
Aug 30, 2016
I am positive that it it is V3 it has a 250gb hard drive and the date is 2012-08-21.

ijtag

Noob Account
Aug 30, 2016
Ok so I did not do the best job in the world soldering. I accept that and am moving on. Now before i or anyone else start ripping out and reattaching those wires possibly damaging the board, I would simply like three things answered in regards to reading the nand from my xbox. First is the continuity of those three points previously pointed out a problem that could be preventing the nand from being written, if so how do i fix it? Second to read the nand what points if any need to be bridged, if so what do i do about points that have resistors on them. Finally since I am no longer using the QSB so which point does the red wire from the CR4 XL need to be soldered to. If someone can answer these questions I would really appreciate it so that if i continue to be unable to read the nand i will know for sure that it is bad soldering. I have been getting conflicting answers on some these questions and would just like one person to very clearly answer them for me.

Last edited: