Flash Config: 0x00043000
Writing Nand
nanddump1.bin
Done!
in 2:09 min:sec

Image of DGX
DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0093.jpgDSC_0099.jpgDSC_0096.jpg

Description of problem: I was having difficulty getting the CPU key off this Corona v1 but with the help of members of
this forum I finally got the CPU key using DGX v1.1s with the POST_OUT @ 60cm and CPU_RST @ 60cm soldered to R4P4 as well. Wasn't having much success with FT3T10. However in retrieving the CPU key I noticed something strange on the screen. After a few minutes the screen froze and xell info looked distorted. Being a little worried I decided not to continue with the installation. The following day I decided to write the original nand back to stock. I did not completely remove the DGX only removed the 5v wire. I turned the console on and as it got to the logo the screen just went off like when you lose reception on a TV channel. I switched the console off and tried again a few minutes later and got the red dot error code 0100:facepalm:. Now here is where it gets a little weird. I reapplied the thermal paste on the XGCPU, put on the x-clamp and screwed it tight in the chassis and the console booted and was working fine for like 30 mins and the screen froze again. I turn it off and turn it back on again this time I get the red dot. Sometimes it boots fine then freezes with some jagged lines on screen and sometimes it doesn't boot @ all only the red dot with error code 0100.:crazy:Unfortunately I've already removed the wires from the console but I do have pictures with the DGX soldered to FT3T10 and POST_OUT the only difference is the the configuration that got me the CPU key was POST_OUT @ 60cm and CPU_RST @ 60cm.

Was the console working before you started: Y

If any close-up pictures of the board are required just let me know.

Last edited:

nana_yaw

Aug 14, 2013
Here are the pictures. DSC_0111.jpg POST_OUT DSC_0112.jpg FT3T10 DSC_0113.jpg R4P4 DSC_0117.jpg I also noticed that while removing the x-clamps I may have scraped a bit of the board. I don't know if it's deep enough to cause any problems. Just wanted to point that out. DSC_0118.jpg Alternate GND DSC_0121.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I also noticed that while removing the x-clamps I may have scraped a bit of the board. I don't know if it's deep enough to cause any problems. Just wanted to point that out.
You should own a multimeter. You can check either side of each trace to make sure it's still intact.

nana_yaw

Aug 14, 2013
I do own a multimeter but don't know how to check the trace. I did a little bit of reading earlier but wasn't sure about the info. I'm using an extech mn35. Black cable in COM and red cable on volt and set to continuity. I then placed the cables on either side of the trace and I got a beep sound. I'm not sure what it means. Any help.

nana_yaw

Aug 14, 2013
Sadly yes I'm still a nOOb. This is just my 3rd console so there's more to learn. I wish I could send it to someone but where I live there are a lot of ppl that do mods but not very good with repairs. I sent it to 2 people and they told me the secondary code may mean a cold joint under the XGCPU and that a relow or reball may do the trick. They don't do reflows or reballs either. Any suggestion as to anyone offering a repair service in West Africa. I'd be happy to send it for repairs.

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
The fact you're not even able to look up a basic multimeter guide online is the problem.

You want to check the traces are intact, so checking continuity either side of the possible damage would prove this.

Google is your friend.

nana_yaw

Aug 14, 2013
Thanks Martin. After some reading I went back and checked and there is continuity evident of the continuous tone emitted from the multimeter. I checked each trace on either side and it seems they're all intact.

nana_yaw

Aug 14, 2013
I cleaned all the areas I soldered onto as much as could I also checked the motherboard with a magnifying glass for solder splashes as well. Now here is the weird part. The console boots when the board and fan are in the chassis without any other connections. Once I put in the hard drive tray and plug in the DVD drive the I get the red dot error code 0100. Once I remove everything and put only the board and fan back the console boots to dashboard.:crazy:The console sometimes freezes up but when I turn it off and turn it back on it boots with no red dot.

DSC_0124.jpg