RGH Corona v3/v5 RGH2

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
Dear all,
I've got a friend who wants to backup his original games because his kid keeps on damaging them, therefore, he asked me to RGH his xbox.

The xbox's information:
  • Slim (regular)
  • Dashboard: 2.0.16547.0
  • Model 1439
  • MFR: 20.1.2012
  • Voltage: 12V
  • Ampere: 9.6A
  • HDD: 250GB

According to the pictures, attached, I am 99% positive that the motherboard is V5 (could someone please confirm that? thanks).
According to Martin's exploit checker table, for corona v5, RGH2 is the method of glitching. From my experience, with RGH2, a dual boot could be performed. Since my friend wants to be able to go online at some times, and be able to play his backups at other times, I thought of doing the dual boot method.
I've seen a few methods of doing the RGH2 and the best method (at least i think so) that i came across is the Demon Xecuter, since with this method, i could do the dual boot.
From the Corona Guide, it's a 16MB NAND (ST TSOP) (check the pic), a standard NAND R/W (I'm choosing Demon Xecuter (Demon Corona QSB v2) and Cool Runner) and no POST_OUT, therefore, a POSTFIX ADAPTER is required

Could you someone please tell if I have missed anything, especially things I might need to complete the glitch?

I have found how to solder the Demon Xecuter (Demon Corona QSC v2) on a corona v5 motherboard in xbox 360e slim, so I'm positive it should work for a regular slim. Based on the link, below, that shows both boards of the Demon Corona QSB V2, how do you connect the two together, I mean, the square looking one just stays like that, you just solder it to the motherboard and that's it!?

Here is the link: http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137405

I also know how to solder the POST_OUT fix adaptor according to the Corona Guide but I could not find any guide or picture showing where it would be wired to. My question is, do you wire it to any other board, or you just solder it to the motherboard?

If more pics are needed, please let me know.

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

Attachments

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
If you want dual NAND on that console, get a Slim Proto V2 and an Xecuter DemoN Slim.

The small QSB you get with the DemoN Slim should be installed first and then you install the DemoN on top of it.

The image below shows the DemoN Corona QSB and Xecuter DemoN Slim installed.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Oh I see, now when you said it this way, the picture makes total sense now! Thanks so much

What about the POST_OUT postfix adapter!?
The image you posted shows that POST_OUT is missing from your console.

This means you will also need to buy a POST Fix Adapter.

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
Thanks BL4K3Y. A few minutes ago, I was searching on how to install the Slim Proto v2 and i came cross the link below, where the user installed, in addition to the demon and the proto v2, the Slim post qsb v3, do i need that?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Thanks BL4K3Y. A few minutes ago, I was searching on how to install the Slim Proto v2 and i came cross the link below, where the user installed, in addition to the demon and the proto v2, the Slim post qsb v3, do i need that?
You might as well install the Slim POST QSB V3 (this comes with every Slim Proto).

It has various solder pads on it for CPU_RST.

Reactions: Guevara1979

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
Hi,
So, I'm in the process of installing the demon corona QSB V2. could someone please check if i have bridged points 4 and 5 together or this is just the flux. I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me. Thanks4&5.jpg

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
It's hard to tell but it doesn't look like it. However, you probably shouldn't be attempting to mod without having a multimeter. With a multimeter you can test for bridges yourself, test voltages, etc..

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
so i tested it by setting the multimeter at 200mV and i touched points 4 & 5 and they gave me 00.3 to 00.4mV. Excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean?

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
so i tested it by setting the multimeter at 200mV and i touched points 4 & 5 and they gave me 00.3 to 00.4mV. Excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean?
It means your doing it wrong lol. You need to set the meter to continuity or ohms to test. There should be a setting that when you touch the end of your test leads together it beeps or at least goes from something like OL to 0. A beep or a 0 would me there's a short (no resistance).

You might want to take a few minute and look up how to use a multimeter on YouTube. It's not the difficult.

Last edited:

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
Thanks guys, now I know how to use a multimeter, I'm using the beeping sound as a reference and everything looks good, no bridging between adjacent points and good connection so far between the demon qsb v2 and the demon itself. I still have 5 more points to go on the demon and I must say I've had a hard time with a couple of points on the demon while trying to solder them to the qsb, since they face a small transister which rendered me unable to touch both soldering points at the same time, so I figured I should tackle both points, on qsb amd demon, vertictally instead of diagonally. I'll see how this goes.

gazcoigne

BANNED
Jan 31, 2005
Belfast, UK
installing a demon isnt really for beginners, best to practice on dead electronics until your confident on what your doing its very easy to damage the console when installing the demon.

the fact you couldnt even use a multimeter prior to starting is extremely worrying also.

thats why theres a big warning card in the demon box which you clearly ignored.

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
I have installed a demon before and it's working just fine. However, this is my first time installing a demon on a qsb. I've learned how to use a multimeter during the installation process. Also, you would only damage a console if you either burn the motherboard itself or make a shortening during installation without knowing, then turning on the console with the shortening. I am extremely careful and patient when i work with electronics, especially something like that. I have done a very professional work on the qsb. I have mistakes, yes, but not deadly ones, and i fixed them all. Moreover, i have tested all the soldered points and no shortenings exist.