RGH Corona v3/v5 RGH2

morinzo

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2005
Look at this pic, personally i don't like to have a big blob of solder on the spots inside the red circle because your demon will lay on them and if its to much solder it will have the demon lifted and make it harder to solder the demon to the qsb.

http://gyazo.com/8e2a87d400d2e60f9e5aa52d6a445ae3

This is just something that I noticed while installing them, others might not think the same as I do..

Also your points 4 & 5 look fine to me, but i'd still test them with a meter.

Last edited:

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
I see your point but they probably look bulgy in the picture but they're good size in reality. I'll post a pic of my demon after i fully install it.

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
So. here is my Xecuter Demon Slim + QSB (not including wires)
I know this is not the most professional work but i tested every single point multiple times and no shortenings exist. The big fat solder point next to the NAND looks like it's touching the one next to it but i guarantee it is not.

Please give me your opinion. :)

Thanks guys!

Attachments

ablegepu

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
Alabama U.S
Finish the install already!!!

nobody can complain dude so far so good...
you should see some of the botched installs that pass through this forum.:facepalm:

Last edited:

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
Hi Guys,
I'm in process of installing the Slim Post QSB v3. Could you please tell me if i have burnt the second one from the left, bottom row? and if i have, could you please tell me what options i have, aside from removing the chip? Thank you.
20140605_212638.jpg

ezzda1

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bolton, UK
If its a corona v 3 or 5 its irrelevant. They don't have post out. You need a post fix adapter for those models don't you?

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
It is a V5 and I do have a post fix adapter. Should i proceed with the QSB v3 installation or it would be better if i remove it altogether?

ezzda1

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bolton, UK
You should be OK with it as it is.
You have different lengths on it for CPU rst that can help tune boot times.
You don't really need it.

ezzda1

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bolton, UK
Looking at your photos I'd say yes you have. However those poinst aren't used on a corona v 3 or 5 so it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
Thank you, I really appreciate your help. A Big relief for me. Also, I realized after looking at the tuning section that points from 0 to 7 aren't used in Corona v5, as you mentioned.

ezzda1

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bolton, UK
Just be careful with the cpu-rst point its much more delicate than the points you've burnt.
If you're using a proto I usually skip the post qsb and just use a 10 to 12 cm wire to ft3t10 alt cpu-rst

Last edited:

ablegepu

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
Alabama U.S
yeah you could solder bridge every one of those points together and it wouldn't make a darn bit of difference...
But as ezzda1 said, keep the Qsb so you can tweak your cpu_rst line so it will boot ASAP... once you have gotten the cpu key, and you have glitched the console make sure when you start tweaking to get better boot times, every time you tweak the cpu_rst length or change dip switches or post_out length, or anything else you need to install all hardware.. Including wifi card, dvd drive, HDD, USB_HDD, anything else that will be in the console after the mod is final. Because if you tweak it to perfection (insta-boot everytime) without all the hardware installed, glitch times will be totally different after you've put it all back together. so if you tweak it, hook everything back up before testing...

POST_OUT WIRE GOES TO THE POST FIX ADAPTER

Last edited: