RGH Corona v3/v5 RGH2

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
so from what you're saying, i just need to make sure that the CPU_RST point is soldered to the motherboard and that is it, i can use the CPU_RST from 29 to 50 (depending on what's best) and use the POST_OUT from 50 to 120 (depending on what's best)!

ezzda1

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bolton, UK
Yes that's right. However with a proto on most of the installs I've done I find a 10 to 12 cm cpu-rst wire to ft3t10 and post out as short as possible give solid boot times using dips 3 or 4.

Reactions: Guevara1979

ablegepu

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
Alabama U.S
NO the post_out wire needs to be soldered to post 1 on the post_fix adapter which looks like this
nOE4Wl.jpg
start with post 1 then move up if it needs tweaking

Last edited:

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
from what you're saying now is that i just solder CPU_RST (from post fix adaptor) directly to ft3ft10, ignoring completely the CPU_RST on qsb and only use the qsb to solder the post_out wire coming from the post fix adaptor?

ezzda1

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bolton, UK
No a 10cm to 12cm cpu-rst from your glitch chip to ft3t10 and post out as short as possible from your glitch chip to post fix adapter (what ablegepu just posted)

ablegepu

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
Alabama U.S
you don't want to move forward without the post_fix adapter because without post_out you have to make contact with the fourth solder joint under the XCGPU. That is what the post_fix adapter is for, if you don't have a post_fix adapter i suggest you get one first and foremost...

lol ok you said post_out to 50-120 and i thought you meant the post qsb (BOTTOM OF THE BOARD)...:confused:

Last edited:

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
you don't want to move forward without the post_fix adapter because without post_out you have to make contact with the fourth solder joint under the XCGPU. That is what the post_fix adapter is for, if you don't have a post_fix adapter i suggest you get one first and foremost...

lol ok you said post_out to 50-120 and i thought you meant the post qsb (BOTTOM OF THE BOARD)...:confused:
I have a post out fix adapter but I'm trying to put this confusion to rest. So, cpu_rst from glitch chip (proto) to ft3ft10 (no need for post qsb), that's one. Second, post_out from proto to post 01 on post fix adapter (again no need for post qsb??)...:confused:, the post 01 on the qsb, how does it come into play? :smile:

ezzda1

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bolton, UK
Exactly you dont realy need the post qsb v3. If you want to you can use the different cpu-rst points on the post qsb instead of ft3t10 to help improve boot times but with coronav3 or 5 I find it easier to forget about the post out qsbv3 and go straight to ft3t10 with a 10 to 12cm wire.

ablegepu

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
Alabama U.S
the post is irrelevant now on the QSB you can only use post on the post_fix adapter. do as ezzda1 said and put the cpu_rst to FT3T10. If it needs tweaking you can use the cpu_rst points on the QSB (BOTTOM OF BOARD). some of the pads on the QSB are for post_out - (IRRELEVANT)
AND THE OTHER PADS ON THE QSB ARE FOR CPU_RST (WHAT YOU CAN USE TO TWEAK GLITCH TIMES AFTER TRYING FT3T10)

DON'T REMOVE POST QSB UNTIL YOU HAVE TWEAKED THE BOARD!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
Alright, I'm going to go with your suggestion and totally forget about the post qsb v3. one last question, if i keep it soldered in like i showed you a while ago, would it make any difference? in another words, do i need to remove or keep it as is and move with my installation?

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
Hi guys,
I finished everything, soldered everything place. Before I get a NAND dump, i just want to make that everything is soldered in correctly. could you please take a look at these photos? Thank you, I appreciate your help.:)

please note that the CPU_RST wire is about 11cm

Attachments

ezzda1

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bolton, UK
Not looking too bad pal.
There are a few wires with a bit too much core exposed.
Personally I'd trim them down a bit just to be sure nothings going to move and short out.

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
Thanks pal, I really appreciate your feedback. Aside from the exposed wires, all in place properly and i can go ahead and plug it in and get a NAND dump?

ezzda1

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bolton, UK
It looks like your kiosk wire x7 from the demon is in the wrong place.
It should be on the pad next to the red 5v wire.
Use this guide to double check your wires.
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97468

I would have also got a couple of nand dumps before installing the proto (I thought you already had). That way you can test the demon install by booting stock nand from it first but it shouldn't cause a problem.
Steps to take.
Read your consoles nand twice
Write the stock nand to the demon.
Remove the 5v wire from the proto
Switch it on and check the console boots stock from the demon and onboard nand.
Create the ecc in jrunner and write it to the demon.
Connect the 5v wire back on the proto (remember to set dip switches to the right settings) and boot from the demon to get cpukey over lan.
Then select the latest dash to create Freeboot image and write it to the demon.
Then tweak that beast up with caps if you need to lol.

Last edited:

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
I actually have noticed that some people had the kiosk wire x7 in two different places and both never had any negative comment so i figured that both places are fine, but since you have told me to change it, i will do so. :biggrin:
Secondly, I'm thinking of just removing, temporarily, the 5v wire from the proto right away before starting the NAND dump altogether, this way the device will think that no proto is installed yet.
Now, regarding what you said about reading the stock NAND back to the demon, this means in jrunner, i would skip all the steps after NAND read and go straight to write NAND, ofcourse after switching back to the demon. When i turn the box to see if the demon is loading my stock NAND, i guess i do not need to have everything hooked back up because at that point, no proto will be switched on, right. Only after i solder the 5v wire back to the Proto and write the glitched NAND to the demon, i would hook everything back up before switching it on, correct?

Guevara1979

Oct 30, 2010
Bethlehem
So, I did 4 NAND dumps and they all matched (it was set at 4 by default)
I wrote the stock NAND to the demon.
I removed the 5v wire from the proto
I switched it on and booted pretty fast from demon but when i turned the demon and tried to boot from stock NAND, the light went red!? I never wrote anything to the stock NAND!