Corona V6 - Bad Batch Question

djcraze90

Feb 2, 2016
Hello,

I purchased a CR4 XL from MCC at the beginning of February 2016. I had planned to do the RGH mod tomorrow but came across the threads saying there was a bad batch of CR4 XLs. I'm wondering if there have been any recent reports of this and if we have discovered any new information about it. If you were me, would you ask for a refund and go use an Ace instead? I'm thinking I may be fine since the reports are all about phat consoles and I have a Corona v6. I'm totally unsure. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle

Running4Hippos

VIP Member
Dec 22, 2015
Ontario, Canada
I wouldn't take any risks, return it if u can. If u buy the Ace, we cant help u on this fourm, though. It think it effects both phats and slims.

djcraze90

Feb 2, 2016
Thanks for your help. Is the Ace V3 considered as good as the CR4 XL, or better? Or is there a better (possibly harder to install) mod chip? If this cannot be discussed here, then I understand and will carry my thread onto another forum.

Jrok96

Oct 12, 2015
the newer chips are perfectly fine in slim consoles. absolutely no problems with slims. i do have a question about your chip though. look at the post bit jumpers and let me know if it is installed sideways or in the default position. the older chips seemed to be in default and the newer ones come in with the jumper sideways

Last edited:

Titanfreak736

BANNED
Oct 19, 2014
yes ace chips are the sh*t and teamx360 is your friend for support.

briggs01

VIP Member
Feb 17, 2013
the newer chips are perfectly fine in slim consoles. absolutely no problems with slims. i do have a question about your chip though. look at the post bit jumpers and let me know if it is installed sideways or in the default position. the older chips seemed to be in default and the newer ones come in with the jumper sideways
there are not thousands of faulty ones I don't think , I have had new ones with jumper side ways and worked fine

djcraze90

Feb 2, 2016
The chip has the jumper installed horizontally, which is what I think you mean. But after further inspection, it appears that ModChip Central has actually shipped me a used CR4. You can see where the is burn residue and solder on the posts. I suppose this is because the chip bricked someone's console and they returned it after using it. I've attached a photo.

IMG_0659.jpg

Last edited:

Running4Hippos

VIP Member
Dec 22, 2015
Ontario, Canada
The chip has the jumper installed horizontally, which is what I think you mean. But after further inspection, it appears that ModChip Central has actually shipped me a used CR4. You can see where the is burn residue and solder on the posts. I suppose this is because the chip bricked someone's console and they returned it after using it. I've attached a photo.

View attachment 32707
If the Kepton tape was removed from the Dip switches when you got it then it was Used

Jrok96

Oct 12, 2015
Definitely used. But maybe the person didn't move the jumper to horizontal position and that's why it didn't work. It depends on how much time your willing to wait for rma. I would try it if it was me considering how cheap xbox's are these days. But I'm very impatient.

Titanfreak736

BANNED
Oct 19, 2014
why cant tx ust release the cr4xl source code i mean come on most people use ace chips anyway