Corona v6 failed to boot

zphingphong

Jan 5, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
TX Product(s) used: SLIM PROTO V2, CORONA POSTFIX ADAPTER V2, Corona 4GB NAND RW KIT V4
Console Type: Corona V6 (360e)
NAND size: 4GB
Dashboard version: Retail
CB version: -
Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner:
View attachment 26610

J-Runner log:
Code:
===================================================
May 3, 2014 9:34:24 PM

J-Runner v0.3 Beta (4) Started

Checking Files
Finished Checking Files
Corona 4GB Manually Selected
E:\
Reading from E:\ to D:\ProgramSeTUPz\XBOX\CoronaV6(360e)\J-Runner\output\nanddump1.bin
Done!
in 0:09 min:sec
Initializing nanddump1.bin..
Reading from E:\ to D:\ProgramSeTUPz\XBOX\CoronaV6(360e)\J-Runner\output\nanddump2.bin
Corona 4GB
RGH2 Selected
Nand Initialization Finished
Done!
Comparing...
Can't check for bad blocks. No Spare data. Possibly Corona 4GB
Nands are the same
Reading from E:\ to D:\ProgramSeTUPz\XBOX\CoronaV6(360e)\J-Runner\output\nanddump3.bin
Done!
Comparing...
Nands are the same
Reading from E:\ to D:\ProgramSeTUPz\XBOX\CoronaV6(360e)\J-Runner\output\nanddump4.bin
Done!
Comparing...
Nands are the same
Images of close-up soldering to motherboard:
View attachment 26616View attachment 26615View attachment 26614View attachment 26613View attachment 26611View attachment 26612

Description of problem: Cannot boot to Xell. I'm not sure if I miss a step, like writing to NAND. I just finished soldering, read and backup my NAND, then try to boot.

Was the console working before you started: Y

Do you get a green debug light appear on the RGH chip every 4-5 seconds: Yes. But it stops after 4 times.

How long is the light on for each time: Very short, just a blink.... 0.5 sec, may be.

Extra details: Plugs to my TV via HDMI. Green stable light on the Xbox on/off button. The fan runs. DIPS 4,8. 10cm CPU_RST.

rghpro

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2013
All I see in the JR log is that you have read your nand several times and compared.

I know this is a silly question, but just to be sure:
Did you click "Write ECC yet?
If/When you did, was it successful?

Reactions: zphingphong

zphingphong

Jan 5, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
All I see in the JR log is that you have read your nand several times and compared.

I know this is a silly question, but just to be sure:
Did you click "Write ECC yet?
If/When you did, was it successful?
I did "Create ECC" then "Write ECC", but the only thing shows up on the log was "ECC created". Should I be seeing something like "Writing NAND.... Done!..." ?

Last edited:

rghpro

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2013
Yes, Like when you read the nand, the progress bar is similar, but it writes much faster as its just the ECC. You will get a confirmed written and JR will make the sound on your speakers when complete.

Make sure the power is plugged on to the xbox motherboard or you cannot write to it nor read it. I recommend removing the RF module for this as accidentally powering on could result in unwanted behavior or damage, I don't know what would happen, but don't want to find out, unless someone else is donor, lol.

Can you post your log again, I do not see the ECC created part.

Last edited:

zphingphong

Jan 5, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Yes, Like when you read the nand, the progress bar is similar, but it writes much faster as its just the ECC. You will get a confirmed written and JR will make the sound on your speakers when complete.

Make sure the power is plugged on to the xbox motherboard or you cannot write to it nor read it. I recommend removing the RF module for this as accidentally powering on could result in unwanted behavior or damage, I don't know what would happen, but don't want to find out, unless someone else is donor, lol.

I tried again, and now I got

Code:
Writing to E:\ from D:\ProgramSeTUPz\XBOX\CoronaV6(360e)\J-Runner\output\image_00000000.ecc
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

Corona 4GB
Any idea?

Thanks!

rghpro

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2013
This is saying there is basically a communication error between the xbox and your computer, is the xbox plugged in to the power outlet?

rghpro

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2013
Remove the ribbon cable from the 4GB RW PCB, leave the PCB installed if it looks clean.

De-solder the wires from the proto and make sure they do not short with each other.

Knowing the computer is completely disconnected from the xbox 360 and the proto is no longer installed.

Boot your console up normally and report back if it boots or not.

zphingphong

Jan 5, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Yes. It plugged in, and I made sure by reading the NAND again, and it worked fine.
I got it to write now. I don't know what wrong with it, but I tried removing the card out from the adapter and put it in the micro SD slot directly. Weird...

I'll try booting to Xell again. Thanks!

I'll report back.

zphingphong

Jan 5, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Remove the ribbon cable from the 4GB RW PCB, leave the PCB installed if it looks clean.

De-solder the wires from the proto and make sure they do not short with each other.

Knowing the computer is completely disconnected from the xbox 360 and the proto is no longer installed.

Boot your console up normally and report back if it boots or not.

Still no boot, but this time the green light flash 5 times. Here's the updated log from my J-Runner.

Code:
===================================================May 3, 2014 9:34:24 PM

J-Runner v0.3 Beta (4) Started

Checking Files
Finished Checking Files
Corona 4GB Manually Selected
Reading from E:\ to D:\ProgramSeTUPz\XBOX\CoronaV6(360e)\J-Runner\output\nanddump1.bin
Done!
Reading from E:\ to D:\ProgramSeTUPz\XBOX\CoronaV6(360e)\J-Runner\output\nanddump2.bin
Corona 4GB
RGH2 Selected
Done!
Comparing...
Nands are the same
Reading from E:\ to D:\ProgramSeTUPz\XBOX\CoronaV6(360e)\J-Runner\output\nanddump3.bin
Done!
Comparing...
Nands are the same
Reading from E:\ to D:\ProgramSeTUPz\XBOX\CoronaV6(360e)\J-Runner\output\nanddump4.bin
Done!
Comparing...
Nands are the same
Connection TimeOut
Tip: Load the nand on source to have quicker results.
Scanning........
No Xbox Detected
Finished
RGH Selected
Jtag Selected
RGH2 Selected
ECC created
Writing to E:\ from D:\ProgramSeTUPz\XBOX\CoronaV6(360e)\J-Runner\output\image_00000000.ecc

Corona 4GB
Done!
Corona 4GB
Done!
Comparing...
Nands are the same
ECC created

Corona 4GB
Writing to E:\ from D:\ProgramSeTUPz\XBOX\CoronaV6(360e)\J-Runner\output\nanddump1.bin
Done!
in 0:12:719 min:sec:ms
Thanks, again.

Last edited:

rghpro

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2013
still no boot, but this time the green light flash 5 times
What light flashed 5 times?

If your talking about the proto, you need to remove it completely so we can see if your console works without it installed as I see no evidence of successful writing to the nand, so far.

If we can see your console boots up normally we can know you still have a good nand and know for sure if you have written to it or not.

Last edited:

zphingphong

Jan 5, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
What light flashed 5 times?

If your talking about the proto, you need to remove it completely so we can see if your console works without it installed as I see no evidence of successful writing to the nand, so far.

If we can see your console boots up normally we can know you still have a good nand and know for sure if you have written to it or not.
The green light I talked about was the one from proto.

I removed it, and yes it boots up ok back to the stock NAND. So, yea, it didn't write it.

I'll try writing again, and get back to you in a bit. Thanks!

rghpro

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2013
Good luck.

Make sure everything is hooked up right and the soldering on the PCB is nice and clean too while you're at it.

Last edited: