Corona v6 Inconsistent boot to dash

zphingphong

Jan 5, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
TX Product(s) used: SLIM PROTO V2, CORONA POSTFIX ADAPTER V2, Corona 4GB NAND RW KIT V4
Console Type: Corona V6 (360e)
NAND size: 4GB
Dashboard version: 16537
CB Version: 13182
Images of close-up soldering to motherboard:
View attachment 26630View attachment 26625View attachment 26626View attachment 26628View attachment 26629

Description of problem: Inconsistent boot to dash, and when it does it's very slow, roughly about 40 seconds (8 glitches) - 115 seconds (23 glitches). Most of the time it doesn't boot up. I've waited for about 4 minutes(48 glitches). I noticed that if I unplug the console and leave it for 30 seconds or so, it would boot in 8 glitches. Should I start tuning or is there something wrong that I should fix first?
I did some search and there're people saying that they need to ground r1r1, but some say they don't.
Was the console working before you started: Y
Do you get a green debug light appear on the RGH chip every 4-5 seconds: Yes.
How long is the light on for each time: Very short, just a blink.... 0.5 sec, may be.
Extra details: DIPS 4,8. 10cm CPU_RST. No caps.

Reactions: xmadx86

skillet34

VIP Member
Jun 21, 2012
MA USA
Have you tried different dip and D1 jumper settings? Each console will be different. If four is slow try 1 then 2 etc. Then try the same with D1 in the top position middle etc.

Reactions: zphingphong

zphingphong

Jan 5, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Have you tried different dip and D1 jumper settings? Each console will be different. If four is slow try 1 then 2 etc. Then try the same with D1 in the top position middle etc.
I haven't try changing the dip and the D1 jumper settings. This is the first time I RGH an Xbox. So, I guess my question is that the fact that it cannot boot most of the time, and even if when it does, it's very slow, is that normal? I mean, is that something that can be fixed with the settings(tuning)?

Last edited:

zphingphong

Jan 5, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks for helping guys. The settings that work best for me is DIPS 3,8. 10cm CPU_RST. No caps. I tested it 10 times. The results were pretty impressive: 2,3,1,1,1,1,2,3,1,1.