RGH Corona v6 - no green led

kenyo

Noob Account
Jul 7, 2014
TX Product(s) used: Slim Proto v2, Slim Post QSB v3, Postfix Adapter v2, Corona 4gb Nand R/W kit
Console Type: Corona v6 - Samsung chip
NAND size: 4GB
Dashboard version: 16756
CB version:
Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner:JR_screen.jpg
J-Runner log:
domenica 6 luglio 2014 19:26:10
J-Runner v0.3 Beta (4) Started

Checking Files
Finished Checking Files
Corona 4GB Manually Selected
H:\
Reading from H:\ to C:\Users\Manuel\Desktop\XBOX360\output\nanddump1.bin
Done!
in 0:03 min:sec
Initializing nanddump1.bin..
Corona 4GB
RGH2 Selected
Nand Initialization Finished
H:\
Reading from H:\ to C:\Users\Manuel\Desktop\XBOX360\output\nanddump2.bin
Done!
in 0:04 min:sec
Comparing...
Can't check for bad blocks. No Spare data. Possibly Corona 4GB
Can't check for bad blocks. No Spare data. Possibly Corona 4GB
Nands are the same
ECC created
Writing to H:\ from C:\Users\Manuel\Desktop\XBOX360\output\image_00000000.ecc
Done!
in 0:00:386 min:sec:ms
Initializing nanddump1.bin..
Corona 4GB
Nand Initialization Finished

Images of close-up soldering to motherboard:Crop_on_bridge_and_soldered_points.jpgPostFix_Adapter_v2_crop.jpgSlim_Post_QSBv3_crop.jpgSlimProto_NandReader_crop.jpg

Description of problem: Red Led ok, but no green led on slim proto.
I red that means problems with the post out or the cpu reset, so I did the test of continuity between the pad D of the proto and the point FT3T10, the multimeter beeped so this is ok!
So I thought my problem is the post out. How can i check if the postfix adapter is installed correctly? so if the "spring pin" is touching the right pad under the cgpu?

I have already tried to write the ECC and connect the hdmi cable to the tv, no screen, so i think its not a problem of nand reading/writing.
The first installation i did with 10 cm Yellow cable to postout and 10 cm blu cable to cpu rst 29, then i changed in 12 cm blu cable to postout and the shielded White cable to cpu rst.

I only tried DIP 3-8 cause (if I understood well) I will proced with tuning only when the debug led is working, right?
Last (strange) thing is that if I touch a pad on the postfix adapter with a "pencil" of the multimeter the green led starts working,but not as it should work, only sometimes when i put the top of that pencil on the pad, I noticed that while i was measuring continuity with MM.

Hope someone can help me, I think i miss only a small step to get the cpukey, and sorry for my english.
Thank u very much!

Was the console working before you started: Yes and it works with original nand

Do you get a green debug light appear on the RGH chip every 4-5 seconds: No

How long is the light on for each time: No green light blinking

Edit after 20 min
Reading more threads I found this http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141554&highlight=postfix+adapter+problems, I measured the resistance between Post01 and GND and it is around 0 ohm , not good :(
Is there a way to fix? Thank you.

Last edited:

morinzo

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2005
On the bottom of the motherboard you have C wired wrong, you don't need the blue wire on pad 29, If your going to use the low loss cable on cpu_rst pad.
The blue wire (Should actually be a yellow wire) from C should go straight to a pad on the Post Adapter v2.
The way you have it now cpu_rst is wired to both C & D by the looks of it.

Also you are using way to much thermal compound.

you are correct, no flashing green led means cpu_rst or post issues.

If you tested the cpu_rst and it has continuity, the you need to check the post out. When I install the post adapter v2 I only solder 1 point so it's easy to remove if there is an issue and solder the other points when it's confirmed working.

I had 2 post adapters last month where the pin wasn't long enough to touch the solder ball under the cpu/gpu. If you turn the post adapter oer you will see that its soldered to the adapter & you can heat up the solder and pull the pin out a little further, but be careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: kenyo

kenyo

Noob Account
Jul 7, 2014
Thank you for your reply morinzo, and sorry for not having attached a photo of the Whole mobo. The blue wire on the 29 pad it's from the first installation and now it's disconnected. I have the low less cable from pad D to cpu_rst and the 12 cm blue wire from pad C to pad 50 on the postfix adapater (First I used the Yellow one, then i changed).

I red a thread this morning, talking about the problem of the post out grounded: http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140334&page=2&highlight=post+grounded
There are two solutions inside, the one of timboteo looks like Dangerous for my skill, and the last one suggested from him in the last post seems to be easy to do:
"A Guy on Brazil talk to me that this problem with POST-OUT - GND short can be fixed with a 560 Ohm resistor in series with POST_1 pin on POSTFIX.
I don't know if really can (I doubt), but I'll see when I get some with this problem"

What do you think?
Does it means I should solder a 560 ohm resistor between the post01 pad and the Yellow wire (blue in my case) ?

Thank you again , also for the advice of the Thermal compund. I will check the pin on my postfix, try to fix and measure again the resistance between post and GND. And if it still has continuity... :facepalm:

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
looks like on the post out qsb the pin is curved,and your not getting the right measurement out of it so its likley not touching the ball it needs to.might just be my eyes/pics making it look that way though i guess.

Reactions: kenyo

kenyo

Noob Account
Jul 7, 2014
Thank you for your replies,
I worked on the postfix adapter, i dont know why (maybe it was really curved) but when I installed it the pin got grounded; so I took out the pin and I have soldered it again using only the thinnest part of the pin, the one that go into the head to the pin and allowed the head to up&down, cause of the spring.
The result is that now is not grounded, the resistance between the post and the GND is 70k ohm and the green led is working, hope I could say I solved my post out problem.
Right now the xbox never glitched, I tried some differents settings, could I say the issue dont involve the cpu rst and the post out? So have I just to "play" with the wires, the QSB's pads and the dips?
Thank you very much guy, I think if I want additional help on my slim proto I should open another thread, but for now it's enough know if i solved the problem with my postfix, thanks.