Could Not Detect a Flash Controller ? - Read Here

Re: Could Not Detect a Flash Controller

k, Just to be sure ive rebuilt the header as per the pictures in the other thread ( even tho ive checked all points for continuity ) but its still no go. I would quite happily send the mobob to someone to look at. If u would look at it manwithoutname then that would be cool.Have you ever had 1 not jtaglable? this is a jasper 512 running 2.0.7371.0 dashboard. Let me know and we can come to an arangment.
Send him a PM.

Jun 4, 2010

k, Just to be sure ive rebuilt the header as per the pictures in the other thread ( even tho ive checked all points for continuity ) but its still no go. I would quite happily send the mobob to someone to look at. If u would look at it manwithoutname then that would be cool.Have you ever had 1 not jtaglable? this is a jasper 512 running 2.0.7371.0 dashboard. Let me know and we can come to an arangment.

PM sent ...

Jun 4, 2010

Just a little update as I had a quick look at your board, my initial diagnostic is the soldering. Even though you did use the pin headers, your soldering/pins are not making contact with outer ring/copper for each contact point.

I have attached a picture of xenon board and circled the Jtag connection bit just to explain the principal and illustration only.

If you look at the bits I circled in yellow, you can see bit of bronze copper round just around the edge of each circle, these are the ones that the solder has got to make contact with.

I work on yours later and remove the pin headers before I can tell if there is any damage done and if it can be re-done. Going to be a little bit of a bitch job but I had xenon in yesterday with the same symptoms and just finished it with successful NAND dumps so I'm hoping I can do yours as well.

Jun 4, 2010

Some progress but not much. As I suspected it was the soldering, I tried the 1st time but no joy, tried a 2nd time as best I can and it started reading the nand but with just errors. One of the points surround is in a pretty bad shape and barely any contact left but I will do my best.

Hay at least it's reading now ;)

TAR

Dec 30, 2002
brissol

How soft do I feel. ;). N1 that ur getting it to read at least, let's hope u get some full dumps! Fingers crossed.

TAR

Dec 30, 2002
brissol

I take it by the deafining silence that you have not managed to get an error free dump?

Jun 4, 2010

I take it by the deafining silence that you have not managed to get an error free dump?
Just got it. It carried giving errors, so stopped it. Tried it again and again same with lots of errors. I then disconnected everything and connected again now won't read at all.

I will still spend few hours on it, but let me know if you got other plans?

TAR

Dec 30, 2002
brissol

No other plans m8, just would be nice to get it tagged... what do u rekon its a lost cause?

Jun 4, 2010

No other plans m8, just would be nice to get it tagged... what do u rekon its a lost cause?
Considering I got the NAND-X to see the board once, there's a slight hope. To be honest mate, this would have been an easy job had you not tried to do the pin headers in the first place. But I know the feeling, been there and done it before but now I moved along :p

I'll try the alt points that xmods posted a picture off in another thread and see what will that yield.

TAR

Dec 30, 2002
brissol

The strange thing is that when i checked all the points for continuity all points checked out.

Jun 4, 2010

The strange thing is that when i checked all the points for continuity all points checked out.
You checked between the top of the pin headers and the bottom of the board right?

TAR

Dec 30, 2002
brissol

Hi m8, how y getting on? If u ain't sorted it, then I reckon u shouldn't spend any more time on it. What u reckon?

Jun 4, 2010

Hi m8, how y getting on? If u ain't sorted it, then I reckon u shouldn't spend any more time on it. What u reckon?

PM sent ...

Jun 4, 2010

Hi m8, did u manage to post this back to me yesterday ?
Yes it did .. Parcel details in PM ..

explorer66

VIP Member
May 10, 2009
newcastle uk
im having problems getting a flash controller with my nandx, ive tryed jtagging 4 xbox's with it (pin headers,wires directly to the board) with no luck'
decided to try using lpt connection on them and it worked stright away,its showing up as it should in device manager and the 2 lights on the nandx are on,
4got to say i tred it on 3 diff pc's,any ideas ?

TAR

Dec 30, 2002
brissol
Have u triple checked ur wiring, 9 times outa 10 its that, especially since ur getting it with 4 different xboxes.

im having problems getting a flash controller with my nandx, ive tryed jtagging 4 xbox's with it (pin headers,wires directly to the board) with no luck'
decided to try using lpt connection on them and it worked stright away,its showing up as it should in device manager and the 2 lights on the nandx are on,
4got to say i tred it on 3 diff pc's,any ideas ?
It could as well be a faulty cable since you have to use the same cable for Pin Headers and Direct Wire install. Why don't you try to use a QSB instead for once?

Support Our Sponsors