Could Not Detect a Flash Controller ? - Read Here

jfelding

VIP Member
Feb 9, 2010
Denmark
The plug to NAND-X looks ok!
The cables are on the correct wires connected.

It's only my Flash PC for DVD Drives and NANDS!
No extra backgroundprograms.
Then i cant help you. As a said before, i would check with a multimeter, but if everything IS fine, then i guess its not neccesary. Perhaps your friend did something weird to the Nand-x?

OmegaNemesis28

Aug 28, 2010
UGH
Continuity test, after all my wires are soldered, checks out when I touch the top pad with the wire soldered on and the back of the same pad.

The connection for one of them have to be bad on their lines.
I'm going to attempt to solder some of the ones I think are bad to their alt points on the back.

Does anyone know the alt point for J2B1?

explorer66

VIP Member
May 10, 2009
newcastle uk
i was starting to think it could be the wire itself and not the nandx,
but i cant find a site that sells replacment cable's in the uk.
ill try using the QSB method .
really hope i can get this going again as im having to use a old pc that ive got laying around as
my main pc does'nt have a lpt port and it's taking almost 3hrs to dump a xenon nand why i dont know :(
UPDATE

i was sure it was'nt my soldering so i went and bought another nandx kit,
guess what it worked straight away, so i tryed again with the original nandx and yet again it says cant find flash controller.
so it is my nandx and not my soldering.
how would i go about returning my faulty nandx ?

jfelding

VIP Member
Feb 9, 2010
Denmark
UPDATE

i was sure it was'nt my soldering so i went and bought another nandx kit,
guess what it worked straight away, so i tryed again with the original nandx and yet again it says cant find flash controller.
so it is my nandx and not my soldering.
how would i go about returning my faulty nandx ?
I would contact my reseller.

Xyrts

Noob Account
Sep 3, 2010
I am stumped. I have tried everything I can think of to get this to detect. To start, I used the QSBs and could not detect so I double checked my points and reheated the solder, still no luck. I then de-soldered everything and tried the pin headers, also with no luck. I then decided to try to install the nand-x into my other xbox which worked fine the first time with the QSBs. I then sent my box to someone I know who has been doing Jtags for a while. He proceeded to direct wire to the nand-x and also had no luck. He then broke down and tried LPT and that worked flawlessly. This would be fine except it is a 512mb nand and the idea of dumping that through lpt multiple times doesnt seem appealing. He even has since installed the nand-x into one of his non-exploitable 512mb boxes and read the nand fine. Anybody have any ideas?
before anyone asks, I have several years experience soldering. The xbox in question was brand new exploitable (dash is <7371 but I dont recall which, something like 7363? but doesnt matter as far as reading is concerned anyway) 512mb jasper that I have held onto since may of last year. power supply and ROL attached.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

OmegaNemesis28

Aug 28, 2010
Ok this is STUPID
I bought ANOTHER xbox that is jtaggable.
I soldered the same NAND-X with the same wires as the last one.

I soldered the wires directly to the board and skipped playing BS with the other methods.
I connected the NAND-X.
Flash controller STILL not detected.
I used the multimeter, put the black on the ground - and the red to each of the wires.

The Green wire and the Brown wire (same wires as the last xbox) do NOT pass the continuity test.
What the hell. The NANDX has got to be the problem here.

Ok this is STUPID
I bought ANOTHER xbox that is jtaggable.
I soldered the same NAND-X with the same wires as the last one.

I soldered the wires directly to the board and skipped playing BS with the other methods.
I connected the NAND-X.
Flash controller STILL not detected.
I used the multimeter, put the black on the ground - and the red to each of the wires.

The Green wire and the Brown wire (same wires as the last xbox) do NOT pass the continuity test.
What the hell. The NANDX has got to be the problem here.
I might as well be the Nand-X. You should contact your seller you bought it from and ask for a replacement.

OmegaNemesis28

Aug 28, 2010
I might as well be the Nand-X. You should contact your seller you bought it from and ask for a replacement.
apparently.
I just took apart the NANDX and tried to directly test the little points that connect the plug and the brown and the green still didn't work.

It makes me wonder if my first xbox that I tried really was broken or not. I DEFINITELY broke it when I tried to fix it, but I guess I was fixing the wrong thing. What a waste.

apparently.
I just took apart the NANDX and tried to directly test the little points that connect the plug and the brown and the green still didn't work.

It makes me wonder if my first xbox that I tried really was broken or not. I DEFINITELY broke it when I tried to fix it, but I guess I was fixing the wrong thing. What a waste.
Well, it happens. Its life.

Now what you should do is to get that Nand-X replaced. Contact the place you bought it from and tell them that you want it replaced because of it being faulty.

Sylph82

Noob Account
Jun 9, 2010
Re: Could Not Detect a Flash Controller

By all means, the more the merrier :p... Could join the batch of 5 xenons and 2 Japsers Im about to do over the next few days. :D

If only you live in the USA... because I am having this problem atm. I'm not even sure anymore if I've ruined my nand connection or not.

Anyone who live in the USA that I can ask for help on installing nandx?

Re: Could Not Detect a Flash Controller

If only you live in the USA... because I am having this problem atm. I'm not even sure anymore if I've ruined my nand connection or not.

Anyone who live in the USA that I can ask for help on installing nandx?
Contact Xmods. He's a User here on the forum. He's a Jtag Expert and lives in USA. He will ba able to do the Jtagging for you ;)

Sylph82

Noob Account
Jun 9, 2010
Seems I might have bricked my 360 in the last couple days. I'll see about acquiring another first... >.> Thanks for the helps.

F1Ride

Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Guys, awesome tutorials, I have found help with everything I am working on but still have 1 issue I need some help with. I installed NAND-X, fairly simple with all the good tuts. I dumped 3 times with cool shrimp, use NAND compare and they all matched, wrote Xell, then I unplugged from CPU and went to power up via the eject button and got the E-79 error. Now I cannot figure out how to get it back to original, It might be my brain is fried from trying to read too much, but any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Guys, awesome tutorials, I have found help with everything I am working on but still have 1 issue I need some help with. I installed NAND-X, fairly simple with all the good tuts. I dumped 3 times with cool shrimp, use NAND compare and they all matched, wrote Xell, then I unplugged from CPU and went to power up via the eject button and got the E-79 error. Now I cannot figure out how to get it back to original, It might be my brain is fried from trying to read too much, but any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Can you please make a new thread regarding your problem ?

jorgesalas831

VIP Member
Aug 2, 2010
California
very good post and very helpful for the newbies for jtaggin

lothariorowe

Aug 28, 2010
Hey all, thanks for being such a wealth of knowledge and help.

I've been getting the could not detect flash controller error when running coolshrimps, and cannot for the life of me figure out what the error is. I have soldered the wires directly, and then taken them off, and resoldered everything as carefully as possible with same error. The only issue is colorblindess is making me question a few of the wire placements, but I feel that my soldering is solid. I've been sure to plug in the power supply and restart my computer as well. Anything I could be missing?

Pics are attached - hope they help in visualizing my issues.

Thanks in advance!!

jfelding

VIP Member
Feb 9, 2010
Denmark
Hey all, thanks for being such a wealth of knowledge and help.

I've been getting the could not detect flash controller error when running coolshrimps, and cannot for the life of me figure out what the error is. I have soldered the wires directly, and then taken them off, and resoldered everything as carefully as possible with same error. The only issue is colorblindess is making me question a few of the wire placements, but I feel that my soldering is solid. I've been sure to plug in the power supply and restart my computer as well. Anything I could be missing?

Pics are attached - hope they help in visualizing my issues.

Thanks in advance!!
Great pictures! Always nice, when helping :).
2 wires are misplaced. They should just be switched with eachother. I Included a picture, so that you hopefully can see which ones im talking about.

A lot of the wires dosn't look well soldered. You shouldn't need to add a lot of solder, but instead heat up the wire, and let it almost slide into the point. Tin the wire first, and maybe add a small bit of solder.

Btw, if this dosn't solve your problem, make your own thread about it.

lothariorowe

Aug 28, 2010
Great pictures! Always nice, when helping :).
2 wires are misplaced. They should just be switched with eachother. I Included a picture, so that you hopefully can see which ones im talking about.

A lot of the wires dosn't look well soldered. You shouldn't need to add a lot of solder, but instead heat up the wire, and let it almost slide into the point. Tin the wire first, and maybe add a small bit of solder.

Btw, if this dosn't solve your problem, make your own thread about it.
That did it! Dumped my NAND 3 times with 0 errors! Awesome, but now I started my xbox with the eject button after writing xell, and I'm getting no video output through component. My TV is not detecting any connection. I have the power cable, video cable, and ROL plugged in. Am I missing something?

new dedicated thread ---> http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56597

Last edited:

jfelding

VIP Member
Feb 9, 2010
Denmark
That did it! Dumped my NAND 3 times with 0 errors! Awesome, but now I started my xbox with the eject button after writing xell, and I'm getting no video output through component. My TV is not detecting any connection. I have the power cable, video cable, and ROL plugged in. Am I missing something?

new dedicated thread ---> http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56597
Nice. You might be missing something. I can see, that you have soldered the JTAG qsbs on. But at the picture, it dosn't look like you connected the cables! Also, the switch on one of the qsbs must not be set to "OFF".

EDIT:
Wow, i sure am stupid. Asking to to create a post, you do it, and i continue to post on the old one? Sorry. Copyied to your new thread. thanks for making it.

Last edited:

Support Our Sponsors