Could Not Detect a Flash Controller ? - Read Here

shamarri

Noob Account
Jul 9, 2010
Kingston,Jamaica
i dump my falcon nand 4x with my nand-x no problem then i solder my jtag points so i could write xell to nand an it keep saying Could Not Detect a Flash Controller. then i connected my nand-x to my other falcon same problem it wont even dump my next falcon. the 2 falcons are still working but i cant get the nand to dump again from the first time. i then tried my friends xenon with the same nand-x an it says flash config found. i cant dump my falcons nand at all i even tried my friend usb spi tool an it did not work same problem. i have jtaged over 34 xbox 360 an i have never seen this problem before. help please

rocket8080

BANNED
Jul 9, 2010
uk, Oxfordshire
If you want someone to do your jtag for you then PM xmods on this site. He lives in the usa and is well respected here by many members.

jfelding

VIP Member
Feb 9, 2010
Denmark
You can request a service in the "Request a service" forum ;)

ttgxenonv17

Noob Account
Oct 1, 2010
hello i have jtagged my xbox 360 a few times i keep getting the flash controller not found i have followed the diagrams several time my solder is ok i tried the desoldering and wires it didnt work so i did the the jtag kit qsb and still no working help me please

maxallepi

Sep 7, 2010
Cyprus
i dump my falcon nand 4x with my nand-x no problem then i solder my jtag points so i could write xell to nand an it keep saying Could Not Detect a Flash Controller. then i connected my nand-x to my other falcon same problem it wont even dump my next falcon. the 2 falcons are still working but i cant get the nand to dump again from the first time. i then tried my friends xenon with the same nand-x an it says flash config found. i cant dump my falcons nand at all i even tried my friend usb spi tool an it did not work same problem. i have jtaged over 34 xbox 360 an i have never seen this problem before. help please

I seem to have the same problem. i dumped my nand on my falcon 3 times and all went fine, Then when i injected xell the xbox died and you guessed it "COULD NOT DETECT A FLASH CONTROLLER". Now i have no way to inject the original dump. I rechecked my soldering 4-5 times and it looks good. I also tried on winXP and 7 x64 still the same problem. Any ideas???????????

PS im using a falcon 2008 with dash 6717 so im sure its jtagable.

Jun 4, 2010
Welcome to the cub ...

maxallepi

Sep 7, 2010
Cyprus
Thanks. Im still quite new to this Jtagging business but i modded a couple of xbox1 back in the day. Im stuck with my 360 though. I have a question if you dont mind: Is there such a thing as a bad Xell? or better: Does my falcon need a specific Xell?

Jun 4, 2010
There is no bad or good xell, however there are different type of xell one for each type of console/board (xenon, zephyr, falcon & jasper).

maxallepi

Sep 7, 2010
Cyprus
I thought so. I used jtag tool and and wrote xell then the xbox died and would not turn on. so i tried removing xell but could not detect flash controller.
What could it be? Have i blown the box? I think i'll try the alternate points and see.

Update: I completely removed the jtag, cleaned the points of the board and did a new jtag installation (this time even better than the last one) BUT still the same message!!!!! WHYYYY!!!

Im not giving up though, I'll try the alternate method so cross your fingers (MINE).

Has anyone encountered this before??

Last edited:

ttgxenonv17

Noob Account
Oct 1, 2010
hey guys fixed the problem....my old 32 bit computer that i was getting cannot detect flash player error died lol i got another computer with a 64 bit i did everything the same and it worked i love my nand x

loukin

Noob Account
Sep 22, 2010
Chicago
I just resoldered my wires from my nand-x strait to the motherboard on the 360 and ran nandpro gui with nanpro 20e and I get the "could not detect a flash controller". I was wondering is it ok to have the jtag point solder when trying to read the nand?

rocket8080

BANNED
Jul 9, 2010
uk, Oxfordshire
Having the jtag connections on your motherboard will make no difference to reading/writing to the nand. Double check the soldering and check that you havent got a wire mixed up.

Last edited:

loukin

Noob Account
Sep 22, 2010
Chicago
Thanks Rocket for your reply. So if I still can't after resoldering many time could it be the soldering points ? Are there any alternate soldering point if the lpt points are bad maybe?

rocket8080

BANNED
Jul 9, 2010
uk, Oxfordshire
can you post some pics of your soldering? Also how many times have you been able to read and write to the nand?

rocket8080

BANNED
Jul 9, 2010
uk, Oxfordshire
Your soldering looks quite messy mate tbh, I would remove the wires and clean the points on the board with some desoldering braid and some alcohol. You can try this if you want, I use to do this before I got my nand-x and used the lpt method. After cleaning off the board cut the legs of some spare resistors kicking about, Then push these through the holes while heating from the other side. Add a little solder to either side of the hole. Tin the ends of the nand-x wires and tack them on to the pins. I never had any probs this way when using the lpt method. Cut the ends off your nand-x wires and strip back a fresh piece to tin.

loukin

Noob Account
Sep 22, 2010
Chicago
Hey Rocket, I wanted to first say thank you for your help. I desoldered all of the wires and the points and cleaned the board and then watched a youtube video on how to solder so I can do it right. And after all that I re-soldered and and I am still getting the "could not detect flash controller" do you know of any alternative soldering points?