Could Not Detect a Flash Controller ? - Read Here

marshamods

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
ohio
use a smaller gauge wire next time and more flux. Xmods has an alternative soder points somewhere. Maybe it is under tuts.

TAR

Noob Account
Dec 30, 2002
brissol
K heres my problem. I repaired a rrod falcon and it is jtagable, connected my nand x and got two good dumps. I then proceeded to connect the jtag wires but in my haste i didnt connect a diode to the rol board, just a wire ( i use the contact on the underside of the mobo ) I did connect a diode to d1f1. tried to flash xell and now i get an "could not detect a flash controller" i know my nandx is fine. so my question is have i fcked up this one? ive tried using an external power source to read the nand ,but nothing has worked so far. It boots fine into the original dash.Any ideas?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I'm going to say this once and once only : you do not need to fit any of the jtag wiring to read and write the NAND. You can dump the NAND and write Xell to it without anything other than your USB/LPT programmer attached. If you're getting issues with the flash controller, I would check all cables and ensure full continuity is there for all points.

TAR

Noob Account
Dec 30, 2002
brissol
Hi m8, yup know that. I fitted jtag wires so I could boot xell once I had flashed it to NAND. Thought I'd do it while soldering iron was hot. By my not fitting the diode, could it have 'blown something' so the NAND can no longer be detected?

TAR

Noob Account
Dec 30, 2002
brissol
Well I know it's not the soldering, cause iv got loads of dumps which all match. When u say resetting do u mean popo xbox?

TAR

Noob Account
Dec 30, 2002
brissol
Yeah m8, checked all contacts with multi meter, even tried the alternative solder points. Both lights r on. Trust me soldering is fine.

jfelding

VIP Member
Feb 9, 2010
Denmark
Yeah m8, I left it for a day, went back to it, but still the same...
I would try to check every possible thing that could be wrong:
- Try changing the usb-cable (you probably have one lying somewhere).
- Make sure you run nandpro as admin if you're using W7 or Vista
- Check if all pins on the nand-x are good, maybe you messed them up
- Try using another computer
- Unplug everything else from the xbox (except psu)
- Make sure psu is good, turn the xbox on. Note that new dumps probably dont match old ones
- Of course make sure the points are good and solder is alright.
- Uncorrupt nand by shorting pin 44-47. Again, nand will change.
- Ofcourse the thing the others told you
- Make sure none of the points are shorting, the multimeter would show continuity :p

Uncorrupting nand:

What ever it is, don't count on getting your money back as your nand-x has been working.

TAR

Noob Account
Dec 30, 2002
brissol
Thanx for all your replys, I'm not giving up just yet. Gonna try something will let u know how I get on

TAR

Noob Account
Dec 30, 2002
brissol
k, does anyone know which pins r the power and read/write on the nand chip. just an idea, i have a old donor xbox mobo which i have removed the nand chip. im trying to wire the donor board up to the nand on the working xbox. it now detects the flash controller but im getting read errors. i wanted to know which pins did what on the chip. please let me know if im barking up the wrong tree, cause its taken me about an hour of soldering to the small points under both mobos lol....

TAR

Noob Account
Dec 30, 2002
brissol
Couldn't get the above to work. So removing the tsop and programming with a willem the only option? I'm gonna look into buying a willem, but what adaptor do I need. Anyone know?

stanleytli

Noob Account
Mar 22, 2011
Error in NANDPRO "Could Not Detect a Flash Controller"
I soldered nand-x a dump nand few times, all OK.
I used Jtag Tool to write Xell and now black screen and I cant read nand.
I have "Could Not Detect a Flash Controller."
Is my xbox dead?
Soldering was fine I could read nand and write Xell, but now ...
Is any chance to restore nand?

Support Our Sponsors