Could not install ticket error on every File

mbcoolness

Jul 14, 2020
Germany
Hello everybody,

I´m using official Switch 10.1.0 Firmware and the Beta sx 3.0.3.

I can´t install any game, I always get the errorcode=00000291 ERROR: Could not install ticket.

My sd card is fat 32 , I tried formating it again and also tried complete reset of my switch console, but no success.

Also tried to delete tickets in Goldleaf, no success.

I had the same problem with atmosphere and every other CFW, I thougt it would be a problem with signature patches so I choosed sx os... but same problems.

I just have the boot file and the license key on the sd card + the games.

what am i missing here?

(If I try to install a game via goldleaf, the Error is 2145-0001 (0x291) Modul: ETickets (145)

help is greatly appreciated :)

Willy234

Nov 20, 2018
So, basically what you are saying is "Don't update to 10.1.0, it breaks stuff" ... yeah, we noticed .. there are other threads reporting errors with certain games as well.

The waiting game has begun yet again for TX to update SX OS ... :)

MomZo

Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2020
Vietnam
Ouch.. Why updating so fast your firmware before checking there is no issue with the latest version of your payload...?
Your only solution now is to wait for a new release of SX OS or Atmosphere dealing with the new protections from Nintendo.

mbcoolness

Jul 14, 2020
Germany
Everything was working fine on my old Firmware but I experenced problems with isntalling newer games (signature patches) and I thougt updating to latest official firmware would be the solution. Epic fail. I´ve heard rumors , that sx don´t need signature patches at all so I changed from atmosphere to sx. But now I´m stuck again .. I hate myself :-D

Thinga

Noob Account
Jul 15, 2020
Boston
I screwed up and did the same thing... i was on FW 9.0.1 and installed Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum n Fun!. I tried to install Paper Mario and it request for an update. Did the firmware update and now im on 10, which allowed me to play Paper Mario but won't load Drum n Fun!.

Now im trying to install Drum n Fun again and it shows

Failed errorcode=00000291
ERROR: Could not install ticket
Done!

mbcoolness

Jul 14, 2020
Germany
Ok there are still a few games not working with the Message "Software is required to play the game" :

- 51 Worldwide games
- Escape Game

I will update the list continuously.

Reactions: MomZo

e20m15

Noob Account
Jul 27, 2020
germany
Hello everyone
I have the same problem my firmware is on 10.1.0 and I want to load games, but unfortunately it doesn't work.
Is there a way I can manage it?
Is it also possible if I download with offline firmware 10.0.4?
Junior Member if you can speak German, you could explain it to me in German if there is a way

safcalibur

May 1, 2020
Cambs
Ive started using Tinfoil to install my games and found it works better than sx installer. I'm on f/w 10.0.4 installed crysis and paper mario using sx os and the games wouldnt load, kept asking me for a system update even though I had that set to ignore. Tinfoil installed both games and they worked perfect first time.

Reactions: e20m15