CPU key problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheatfield

Noob Account
Jun 7, 2011
JTAG is not recognizing my CPU key!
I've seen a few posts about this, but I'm still having problems. Using JTAG tool 3.0, I've dumped the nand successfully with no errors, at least 10 times now.
I've been able to boot Xell to get my cpu key, but when I type it back into KV info, I get this error: (Wrong CPU KEY Cannot Decrypt KV). I am 100% positive that
I entered the right key. I tried booting Xellous, and got the exact same CPU KEY, but with this error-

* Your cpu key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... ...
! ! kv_get_dvd_key Failure: kv_read
! ! the hash check failed probably as a result of decryption failure
! ! make sure that the CORRECT key vault for this console is in flash
! ! the key vault should be at offset 0x4200 for a length of 0x4200
! ! in the 'raw' flash binary from THIS console
--

Either way, I get the same CPU KEY, and it still doesn't work in JTAG tool. I've read something about a KV becoming corrupted and having to be restored from the original dump,
but I haven't even installed freeboot yet. Is there some way that I screwed the KV up?

Also, when I try to run 360 flash dump tool, the message I get is (KD decrypting error. The CPU KEY is all Zero or not entered!!)

I used the alt SMC points, and set the option for it in jtag tool. Should my soldering even be a concern if I'm able to write xell and boot it?
At least that would be one less factor for me to worry about.

Hopefully someone can help me out, I tried to list all the details I could.. Thanks ;)

Are you sure that you are reading the key correctly from xell? I find the best way is to take a picture of the screen (in case it scrolls too far and the fusesets are not visible anymore) ... should be lines 3 and 5 OR 4 and 6 i believe, both work as line 3 and 4 are the same as each other and lines 5 and 6 are the same as each other.

TilVl

VIP Member
May 11, 2011
update to Xellous and connect through fire fox.

Best way to get the key cause you can copy and paste.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
connect your console to your home network and boot to Xellous. Go to the webpage at the bottom of the xellous screen and copy/paste the CPU key from there.

lol TilVI beat me to it!

wheatfield

Noob Account
Jun 7, 2011
Yeah, I've definitely got the number typed in right, I've done it quite a few times now to make sure. 32 characters.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Yeah, I've definitely got the number typed in right, I've done it quite a few times now to make sure. 32 characters.
upload your NAND dump and take a screenshot of Xellous. PM me with the link.

wheatfield

Noob Account
Jun 7, 2011
Ok, I sent you the link. I somehow didn't see the post about the xellous/firefox thing earlier, but I tried it and got the same results.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Ok, I sent you the link. I somehow didn't see the post about the xellous/firefox thing earlier, but I tried it and got the same results.
Got it and PM'd you back.

You sent me the one you built. Can you send me the original NAND dump?

Status
Not open for further replies.