GENERAL CPUKey Database location?

Element18592

VIP Member
Jun 4, 2013
So i recently upgraded (like an idiot) to Windows 8, I wasn't there long before i reverted back to windows 7. However all of my CPUKeys in jrunner were no longer in the database even though the folder remained untouched during the upgrade/downgrade process. I re-scanned my jrunner folder and only got 41 keys. Ive RGH/JTAG way more than 41 consoles. Anyways, im hoping there is a jrunner database file somewhere in the jrunner folder that im just not finding that i can hopefully load into JRunner, if you guys have any info on this or have ran across this issue before please let me know.

Thanks.

Edit: i see JRunner asks for a Registry file, i still have my windows.old, where might i find this database file from there?

Last edited:

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
You will find saved CPU keys at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CPUKey_DB in the registry.

If you didn't back this up before upgrading to Windows 8, I don't think you can recover the CPU keys from your computer.

Last edited:

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
is there a function in the app to export this to say an excel file? would be handy.
There is already a way to do this.

Click "Export DB" after clicking "CPU Key Database" and save the .reg file.
Hmmmm...... That gives me an idea. I've been looking for a project to work on. Maybe I'll create an app to scan the registry and dump the keys into a csv file. A reg file is great for backing and a restoring but it might be nice to have access to all the keys in the DB without opening J-Runner.

Reactions: Element18592

Element18592

VIP Member
Jun 4, 2013
You will find saved CPU keys at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CPUKey_DB in the registry.

If you didn't back this up before upgrading to Windows 8, I don't think you can recover the CPU keys from your computer.
I found that last night, there is a way to actually get the old registry files from a Windows.Old directory however for some reason my System32 didn't back up during the upgrade. I'm never that lucky lol. I can always check the generated log files for the CPUKey but I was just hoping that i wouldn't have to go that route.

Hmmmm...... That gives me an idea. I've been looking for a project to work on. Maybe I'll create an app to scan the registry and dump the keys into a csv file. A reg file is great for backing and a restoring but it might be nice to have access to all the keys in the DB without opening J-Runner.
I might just make something using StreamReader to grab the Keys from the log files, I would lose my mind if I had to go in and get every key manually.

Last edited:

stefanounick

VIP Member
Jun 9, 2010
Orbiting Sun
this?

Reactions: Krafter

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
Leave it to the developer to have already created something lol.

I spent a couple of hours on something today but I'm going a different rout and plan to have a basic GUI to set the path for the save and whatnot. I have the code working, I just need to clean it up and make it pretty.