JASPER CR 4 XL Getting Black Screen

KroMatic

Apr 5, 2016
I have a jasper 16MB (Nand) and everything was fine before i install the Wires (JR NAND Reader) it does something funny. I read the NAND just fine and made the back up. Also i Have a Ben-Q drive and i flashed that no problem as well with LT+3. When i plug the DVD power in i get a Black Screen. Green middle light Solid. The DVD was jamming but i manged to fix that issue and now opens with no problem but black screens when plugged in. As soon as i took the power out of the DVD it starts up normal. If no DVD nor Hard Drive is plug in it starts normally. as soon as i plug DVD or Hard Drive it goes black. its quiet strange. I have all the Wires on the CR 4 except the red wire, would it be a wire issue? i will upload pictures of the solder and NAND Wires shortly.

IMG_1456.JPGIMG_1456.jpgIMG_1455.jpgIMG_1457.jpgIMG_1459.jpgIMG_1460.JPGIMG_1461.JPG

Last edited:

GeekHeat

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2013
lancashire
Try a different DVD cable.
Also your postbit jumper on the cr4 chip is in the wrong place.
Seems they send most of these cr4 now with the post bit jumper like that.
Which causes difficulties with noob installers.

briggs01

VIP Member
Feb 17, 2013

surely even a noob can understand this

and arnt these the ones that dont seem to work on phat models , the cr4's that come with the jumper like this

Last edited:

defhead

May 19, 2010
Sydney
Also dont leave the CR4 chip on the heatsink for long when on. Without anything under it, it's going to cook like pancakes sitting there like that.

KroMatic

Apr 5, 2016
I figured out the problem it was a resistor got solder off. I fix that from the black screen.

But now this is my issue. I wrote the ECC file to my Xbox 360 but when i tried to turn it on... i just get a blinking green light, and i get a Solid Red LED and Green on the CR4 XL. And a few seconds then the Green Flashes n then Stays Solid green again. The Front of Xbox 360 keeps blinking Green the whole time.

When I was testing my Xbox 360 from the Black screen problem, the dash got updated so now i am on 17502. Is that a Bad dash? If so, is it possible to downgrade to a better more suitable dash. I dont care about going online or anything like that. All for offline use.

J runner.png IMG_1564.JPGIMG_1567.JPG