CR Rev.B in Trinity Slim won't glitch

Spec114

Noob Account
May 26, 2012
Virginia, USA
I've had my Trinity glitched and working for almost 2 years now and have not had any problems. I took out my CoolRunner and programmed it to the Falcon XSVF for DVD key recovery since a friend fried his DVD drive trying to flash it. Finished the Falcon with RGH1 and put it back into my Slim. Solder points are all fine but the green light no longer shows up. Let me add in that I did drop a paper clip accidentally on the CoolRunner during a glitch cycle for the Falcon and the green light stayed brightly lit. Even after the Xbox was turned off the light stayed lit. Ok, so I thought it must be the XSVF corrupted since it stays lit when blank if I remember correctly. I took it out of the Falcon since I did get it boot and flashed it right back to Trinity and the light turned off. I wrote the Trinity XSVF again just to be safe and the green light blinked once like when you normally write XSVFs. Turn on the slim and no glitch cycles are happening. The green light doesn't blink at all and I checked my points and there are all fine (they have hot glue over them so they are snug and they're been like that for 2 years). I do hear the slims fans doing the usual slow down noises as if it is trying to glitch.

tl;dr
Did I kill my beloved CR? If not, did I blow a resistor or switch or something? I'm just a solder in and go kinda guy but I've read that point D is CPU_RST and is what lights up the green light. It would really suck if I really killed it :mad:.

Pictures - Note they are high resolution hence why I didn't embed directly and why do the TX forums not support the spoiler tag?
http://oi43.tinypic.com/6s9dvd.jpg
http://oi40.tinypic.com/np52pw.jpg
http://oi39.tinypic.com/x29xkl.jpg
http://oi43.tinypic.com/28moaw5.jpg
http://oi39.tinypic.com/2hoabro.jpg

Last edited:

keil423

VIP Member
You did remember to switch the cr back to normal mode right?

I'm think dropping a clip on it probably didn't do you any good but considering that you still got the falcon to glitch after wards that the cr should still be fine unless it decided to work just one last time to be nice befor it died forever.

Pics are generally required. If you hot glued over the solder points though the. They will be next to uess.
Try to re program the cr again just for sh*ts and giggles

Spec114

Noob Account
May 26, 2012
Virginia, USA
Yes it is on normal mode and I'll take pictures right now and upload them. Oh and it's minimal hot glue since I really didn't want the points to become loose over time and so that the two underside wires (long coiled and short uncoiled) stay away from any capacitor legs or those weird copper coiled things. Now that I think of it, tape would have sufficed :tongue:.

Last edited:

oO Elite Oo

VIP Member
Sep 3, 2011
In your Nand
How the hell are we going to know whats going on with out help template? Re-read sticky on each section prior to posting.

Spec114

Noob Account
May 26, 2012
Virginia, USA
How the hell are we going to know whats going on with out help template? Re-read sticky on each section prior to posting.
OK OK OK, my bad. I'm sorry lol.
TX Product(s) used: NAND-X, CR Rev.B
Console Type: Trinity
NAND size: 16 MB (4GB Trinity)
Dashboard version: 2.0.16203 (Screenshot shows 15574 since I don't have a dump of the current nand and really don't wanna solder the NAND-X just to get it since before I removed the CR it was working)
CB version: 9188 (Slim Trinity)

Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner:
ba2aa4cfcd8d8674e8ff4c18ff791b9e.png

J-Runner log:N/A

updflash.bin log (if applicable):N/A

Image of Coolrunner:
2q23jvd.jpg
Images of close-up soldering to motherboard:
6s9dvd.jpg

2hoabro.jpg

28moaw5.jpg

x29xkl.jpg

Description of problem:
I've had my Trinity glitched and working for almost 2 years now and have not had any problems. I took out my CoolRunner and programmed it to the Falcon XSVF for DVD key recovery since a friend fried his DVD drive trying to flash it. Finished the Falcon with RGH1 and put it back into my Slim. Solder points are all fine but the green light no longer shows up. Let me add in that I did drop a paper clip accidentally on the CoolRunner during a glitch cycle for the Falcon and the green light stayed brightly lit. Even after the Xbox was turned off the light stayed lit. Ok, so I thought it must be the XSVF corrupted since it stays lit when blank if I remember correctly. I took it out of the Falcon since I did get it boot and flashed it right back to Trinity and the light turned off. I wrote the Trinity XSVF again just to be safe and the green light blinked once like when you normally write XSVFs. Turn on the slim and no glitch cycles are happening. The green light doesn't blink at all and I checked my points and there are all fine (they have hot glue over them so they are snug and they're been like that for 2 years). I do hear the slims fans doing the usual slow down noises as if it is trying to glitch.

Was the console working before you started: Yes, this was a working console before removing the CR. Worked for 2 years never have touched wiring until yesterday.

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Soldering is most definitely the issue here. You have got glue blobbed over every solder point and the CR is a mess.

Clean up every solder point as well as the CR, resolder and retry.