ANSWERED CR RevB, Zephyr 14699, LPT... help

Scrufdog

VIP Member
Jun 12, 2011
Baltimore, MD
I've been jtagging for years, time to move on to RGH. My friend had some leftover parts laying around so I decided to try to RGH my Zephyr.

I have a Coolrunner Rev B, a Zephyr on the 14699 dash, and the Xilink LPT programmer cable with smaller 3.3 pwoer plug.

I install the CR per the Rev C wiring guide for RGH2, no A wire, use E ad F pads.

I am currently double dumping the NAND using an old school LPT cable and nandpro. I will compare the dumps with jtag tool until I get 2 matches. After that I will flash Xell with jtag tool, and get the cpu key. Once I'm done with those I will fire up jrunner and flash the timing files to the CR. I assume that when its time for this, I hook up the Xilink LPT cable to the computer and CR, hook up the small power cable to the CR and to the DVD power port. The CR should light up. Then select LPT in jrunner and flash.

Once I'm ready to reflash, I assume I have jrunner build me a NAND file, then I can take that nand and flash it back with jtag tool using the old school LPT cable.

Does this all sound about right?

I'll be doing a Corona soon, but for that I'll be ordering the Ultimate Corona Bundle from xconsoles. I'm just trying to use this extra Coolrunner without needing extra stuff.

Scrufdog

VIP Member
Jun 12, 2011
Baltimore, MD
So I should change the wiring back to RGH1 and proceed that way? Assuming CB is RGH1?

EDIT: I already desoldered C15 from the CR RevB if that matters

Last edited:

Scrufdog

VIP Member
Jun 12, 2011
Baltimore, MD
here ya go

Attachments

killbried

Dec 28, 2012
Us va
I would just update it to the latest dash and r jtag it's safer with a zephyr motherboard and with zephyr there is a very low chance you can glitch it like 20% or 30% make it but if to glitch try it on a slim

jsinger47

Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Rgh1 zephyrs are either perfect or absolute sh*t.

75% insta boot, the rest never do.

In the case of a spelling error, I blame Tapatalk.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I am currently double dumping the NAND using an old school LPT cable and nandpro
My advice is to ditch LPT read/write ASAP.

I'd also try RGH1 first as jsinger47 suggests.

Scrufdog

VIP Member
Jun 12, 2011
Baltimore, MD
lpt is just what I've always had around. I'll likely be upgrading soon.

So I'll rewire the CR for RGH1 and try that. I already removed the C15 capacitor from the CR, how much of an issue will that cause for RGH1 ?

Thanks

jsinger47

Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
RGH1 will still work without C15.

However, it might not be an insta-booter anymore.

Maybe you'll get some 2,3 cycle boots in there. Shouldn't be a big deal, honestly.

Scrufdog

VIP Member
Jun 12, 2011
Baltimore, MD
when it was wired as RHG2, it booted in both NRM and PRGM modes on the unflashed CR-B. Now that its wired as RGH1, it wont boot in either mode. Soldering is good, I can get pix later if needed. Should an unflashed CR Rev B still boot on stock NAND in either mode?

Scrufdog

VIP Member
Jun 12, 2011
Baltimore, MD
welp, the damn thing just 0022'd on me, so I guess the last reheat I did didnt hold out. Maybe for the better. I have a 16203 Falcon here I might try it on. Sorry to waste everyone's time, but thanks for the help, I learned a lot from you guys.

Cheers.

Scruf

Scrufdog

VIP Member
Jun 12, 2011
Baltimore, MD
nevermind, just flashed the stock nand and it works again. Strange thing is that I never flashed Xell or anything else. Who knows. Either way, I'll start over and get things going. I'll update here once things get back together later this week.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
inconsistent results can be caused from bad read/writes. Read my RGH Roadmap for noobies and follow that, especially for the part about your console should still work with all wiring in place and CR set to PRG.

Scrufdog

VIP Member
Jun 12, 2011
Baltimore, MD
just finished. Works great. Boots to OS usually by the 2nd glitch attempt. Now to put it back together and see what happens. Thanks all.