Console Type: Trinity
NAND size: 16
Dashboard version:2.0.16203
CB version: N/A
Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner:
N/A
J-Runner log:Attached
Description of problem:

Console working correctly prior to mod attempt.
1. Checked Demon before installation, read/write no issue.
2. Updated Demon to firmware to 1.4. OK
3. Installed Demon including ribbon so blue LED on and switch set to xbx, using latest J-runner, switch to xbox, read nand, nands match. Write xbox nand to Demon. OK
4. Installed CR3Lite and set to PRG mode, both LED (green and red on), In J-runner attempt to flash coolrunner –NO GOOD; Note: CR3Lite is still in factory state no bridging or dip switch adjustment made.
J-runner message – sending xsfv TDO MISMATCH. Tried to turn on xbox no response on xbox nand and demond nand, beep only. Search forums for solutions nothing that seemed relevant. Various attempts to trouble shoot too many to list here, check soldering, re-soldering etc..
What I found, with xbox power plugged I de-soldered the power wire to the CR3Lite. I could still the red LED lit up slightly, this does not seem normal but I don’t know. De-soldering the STBY-CLK brown wire will turn off the red LED completely. The xbox can now power on. Without STBY-CLK wire I can flash the CR3lite ok. Each time I re-connect the STBY-CLK wire the xbox will not power on. Any ideas?

Back View.jpgCR3Lite1.jpgCR3Lite2.jpgCR3Lite3.jpgCR3Lite4.jpgDemon1.jpgDemon2 QSB Close Up.jpgDemon3 QSB Close Up.jpgDemon4 QSB Close Up.jpg

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
LK1 open = crystal enabled (STBY_CLK).

Your console won't power up with the "B" wire soldered and LK1 open.

You should use either/or - not both.

Also, don't forget to set the correct dip switches on S2 :).

Last edited:
Reactions: blakhawk

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
From
CR3 Lite Jumper Settings:

Warning

You MUST bridge LK1 on PHAT/Trinity installs or the console will not turn on!!!!

You've also connected the socket onto the header for the DemoN. If you look closely (as in take 2 secs to look), you'll notice the DemoN socket is on the board itself.

http://team-xecuter.com/new-product-cr3-lite/:

Built-in Ribbon Cable Connector For DemoN (Includes CR_EN and XSVF Programming – no soldering or wires)

A word to the wise - DemoN installs are not for noobies.

Reactions: blakhawk

blakhawk

Jun 20, 2013
Adelaide, South Australia
Point taken Martin, each day i learn how little I actually know. What I learned yesterday is that I lifted the R3B15 pad like a pro, image attached. Unless otherwise advised I will proceed witht the 33 Ohm resistor repair tutorial, looks easy enough:) Lifted R3B15.jpg

blakhawk

Jun 20, 2013
I would like to attempt the trace repair as you suggest. Do you have any examples as reference please. I have attached what I would do but am only guessing as have not done it before. CheersTrace Repair R3B15.jpg

blakhawk

Jun 20, 2013
Went home at lunch to get this done. Must say it was a challange to get the solder on the trace, its like working with bloody atoms. The repair worked like a charm and xbox is back. Could you give me your opinion on the following please;

1) I want to cover the repair with hot glue, is this ok or should I leave it as is?
2) I dont want to solder the (B) wire from the CR3Lite to the same point as I am worried I will stuff up the fix. Is there any issue with using the Alt points posted?

Thanks for the support
Trace Fix.jpgTrace Prep.jpgTrace with solder.jpg

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

blakhawk

Jun 20, 2013
I was just making assumptions on sh*t i know nothing about, ignore my comment.

I tried your suggestion (+ recommended CR3lite settings for trinity) and was getting random results at different start up events, boot within 3 cycles, no debug light, fan acceleration, red light middle of ROL. Don't have enough experience to sort this out.

I have now gone back to LK1 bridged and B connected to alt point, booting after cycle 2,3,1,1,1,14,7,1.

Thanks for your help