CR4 Alternate Points

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Nobody really knows how there first jtag/rgh ever worked looking back on the poor soldering skills lol
Not everyone's first soldering experience comes from RGH or Jtag ;) some of us was educated and trained in the skills of repair and soldering years before the 360 was even announced.

And yeah, I know why my first worked. It was because I could solder and I took my time to read the early documentations that where released.

Last edited:

iTzCalvinFTW

Sep 3, 2014
The Netherlands
I have planned to do this some time, not becouse i think that if you screw one pad up these points would be easier, but there are still people screwing up and asking for a alternative point. Here you have it!

Warning
This information is to be used by advanced and experienced users ONLY! I (and TX for that matter) will take no responsibility for any further damage you may cause to your hardware. Use at your own risk!

Some points does only have its alternative directly to the big IC but most of them have long traces you can solder to.

View attachment 30663
Amazing! Thanks for this super helpful post, also thank you for helping me on this thread: http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?149155-CR4-ROL-Led-Mod-How

Reactions: Antalpromille

jdoe91011

VIP Member
Nov 18, 2013
I have planned to do this some time, not becouse i think that if you screw one pad up these points would be easier, but there are still people screwing up and asking for a alternative point. Here you have it!

Warning
This information is to be used by advanced and experienced users ONLY! I (and TX for that matter) will take no responsibility for any further damage you may cause to your hardware. Use at your own risk!

Some points does only have its alternative directly to the big IC but most of them have long traces you can solder to.

View attachment 30663
Thanks for this. I think it's probably helpful for someone if they mess up, but also helpful for noobs to see how this stuff works. If you follow the specific traces, from where they start, to where they end, you can see how basic electronics work.

Also, regarding the previous post, asking about the "black dots" and if they are ground points, that could be answered by testing with a multimeter, provided the chip were installed correctly to begin with.