CR4 Corona V1 red dot after writing ecc

Status
Not open for further replies.

trendkill918

Jan 14, 2005
I wrote the ecc with the donor nand. Before I did that it was just dinging with no lights or fan spinning. Afterwards it lights up, the fan spins, and the glitch light blinks every 5 seconds, but I never see the ring of light signify that it has booted. The glitch light just keeps blinking every 5 seconds. It's possible I'm just being impatient, I only tried a few times. It went as high as 8 cycles in some of the attempts before I turned it off.

The E model I did hasn't had a boot longer than 6 cycles so I figured if it hadn't booted by 8 then it wasn't going to. I don't have access to the E model at the moment, but I can take pics of this replacement Corona that I'm working on now. (I know this is a little convoluted, original problem was with Star Wars edition which I'm pretty sure is a problem with the mosfet so I gave up on that for the moment and got this replacement corona which has the nand issue (or at least that's what it looks like to me).I can take pics of this current install and post them when I get home from work today.

This is the tutorial I was following [RGH/JTAG] How to recover from losing dumps + erasing/corrupting the NAND . I actually have the nand I dumped, and it has the KV, SMC, Fcrt, and SMC config, so I was hoping if I could just recover the CPU key that I could get back on track and create a new nand with my actual console info instead of a donor.

I was also wondering, if I took my retail nand from the E model that I glitched, flashed that to the Corona I'm working on now, created and wrote ecc, would that essentially be the same as what the tutorial is saying to do with the donor nand? I was thinking about doing that but I wasn't sure if that would mess anything up.

As always, thanks so much for your all of your help. I know I've got to be pretty close to getting this one back.

trendkill918

Jan 14, 2005
As promised Replacement Corona Soldering Pics I've got some flux to clean up but I plan to do that once everything else is fixed.I had to bridge the post pins because I lost the jumper.

Something else I thought of, maybe I need winbond patches? How can I tell if I have winbond ram?

Last edited:

trendkill918

Jan 14, 2005
I wrote the E model's retail nand, then created and wrote ecc. I was able to get it to boot Xell and got my CPU key. Then I followed the tutorial for the donor nand only I substituted my my actual KV, SMC, etc. Then I created a new nand from the advanced menu in JRunner. Then I created a hacked nand from that and wrote it to the Xbox.
I'm finally able to boot again! The boot times vary wildly from about 1 or 2 cycles all the way up to around 25 but it works! Looks like I'll need to play with the dip switches and whatnot but it's working! Thank you so much to everyone for all of your help!

You can marked this solved now.

Status
Not open for further replies.