Cr4 vs RGH2

xXRoboBoyXx

Noob Account
Sep 16, 2018
New to xbox hacking, What's the difference between the CR4 and hacking with RGH2? I'm so confused, One second people say to use rgh, Then another person says to use RGH2, And another tells me to use CR4! I'm on dashboard 2.0.17502.0 And a Jasper motherboard, but i've heard dashboard doesn't matter with CR4, Can someone just tell me what to use? and the differences between the methods?

xXRoboBoyXx

Noob Account
Sep 16, 2018
I've looked at both already, This image tells me to use R-jtag, The other says to use CR4XL, This is why i'm so confused.

Even though these say for noobs like me, i don't know what to pick when guides are both telling me different things. This is why i like 3ds.hacks.guide, you can select what firmware, what model, and it tells you exactly what to do. I wish there was an xbox.hacks.guide.

Last edited:

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
You can use either.

But due to the age of these guides, you might want to do some research on rgh 1.2 and also SRGH. I admittedly do not know a lot about these as I haven't used them, but there are plenty of folks here who have and might chime in. In the last year I have probably modded 2 xbox 360s and both of them were slims. The game is kind of over for making money on those mods.

Last edited:

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
That's fine.

I have seen a lot of positive results on here with RGH 1.2 with an Ace v3 chip. This not a TX product, but seems to be the best for cost and performance.

If you want TX, I would say R-Jtag or CR4 XL.

rick48235

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
MICH
only thing about the acer chip lot of timing files to pick from. but its good if you get the right timing file good luck