JASPER Cr4 xl not getting power / led not lighting up w/ install pics

ConzD

Noob Account
Jun 10, 2016
my cr4 is not getting power my red and black wires are soldered correctly although this is my first time so i must have made some mistakes

Link 4 pics : mega:/#fm/2c1RiSJT

Alteration

Oct 7, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
I'm not one to complain about soldering, but it easily could be the soldering on this one. Some of the points don't even look like they're making a connection, I recommend you take everything off (so you don't overlook a point) and resolder with care this time.

Good luck!

Reactions: Titanfreak736

djcraze90

Feb 2, 2016
Go to your local electronics store (or Amazon.com) and pick up a cheap multimeter, preferable one with the ability to measure resistance as it will help in the long run. Test your red and black wires for some voltage with the xbox plugged in. If you get 0v, then you have a problem with your connections on those two wires. I'd guess your black wire isn't grounded properly, but it's hard to say since the images are really blurry.

ConzD

Noob Account
Jun 10, 2016
Go to your local electronics store (or Amazon.com) and pick up a cheap multimeter, preferable one with the ability to measure resistance as it will help in the long run. Test your red and black wires for some voltage with the xbox plugged in. If you get 0v, then you have a problem with your connections on those two wires. I'd guess your black wire isn't grounded properly, but it's hard to say since the images are really blurry.
Yeh sorry about the images my tablet is pretty bad lol ive sent the cr4 back to where i got it and am looking for an exchange just in case its a fault with the cr4 thank you for the response because i knew that in order for even a an led to light up it needs just the red and black wire (power and ground)

btw how do you ground a wire?