Dashboard & firmware versions

chishioengi

Noob Account
Apr 29, 2015
West Chester, PA
Greetings. I apologize in advance if this post is redundant or trashy, but I can't seem to find anything recent enough to mention the current dashboard version. I'm about to take my first crack at Xbox 360 modding, and with the tools provided by TX and excellent guides I'm fairly sure I'm good to go, but I just want to double check before I begin.

My 360 is a Zephyr motherboard, Liteon DG-16D2S 74850c. I am under the assumption that my DVD-ROM's firmware has been updated to the 02510c version via Live updates. My dashboard version is newer, however, than the version listed in the sticky guide at the top of this board; version 2.0.17150.0 to be precise.

As I said, I just want to be sure before I begin that the guide written for version 2.0.13146.0 is applicable to this newer software.

Thanks so much for your time, and once again I apologize in advance for redundancy if I have caused any -- I'm prone to making such mistakes despite trying not to. And thank you for your patience as well.

Good day & happy modding!
Marissa

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
Greetings. I apologize in advance if this post is redundant or trashy, but I can't seem to find anything recent enough to mention the current dashboard version. I'm about to take my first crack at Xbox 360 modding, and with the tools provided by TX and excellent guides I'm fairly sure I'm good to go, but I just want to double check before I begin.

My 360 is a Zephyr motherboard, Liteon DG-16D2S 74850c. I am under the assumption that my DVD-ROM's firmware has been updated to the 02510c version via Live updates. My dashboard version is newer, however, than the version listed in the sticky guide at the top of this board; version 2.0.17150.0 to be precise.

As I said, I just want to be sure before I begin that the guide written for version 2.0.13146.0 is applicable to this newer software.

Thanks so much for your time, and once again I apologize in advance for redundancy if I have caused any -- I'm prone to making such mistakes despite trying not to. And thank you for your patience as well.

Good day & happy modding!
Marissa
yes you would have 02510 c fw on dvd by now.

you can use a cr4 and the tut here.
unfortunatley zephyrs dont have much luck when it comes to rgh2.so best to stick to rjtag if your trying to glitch it.

Reactions: chishioengi

chishioengi

Noob Account
Apr 29, 2015
West Chester, PA
Excellent! I really appreciate your time. Nothing sucks worse than missing a detail and messing things up.

I am planning to attempt to glitch it at some point in the near future, but for the moment I'm just going to flash the DVD-ROM. I really appreciate the advice! I haven't done a ton of research into the glitching process yet but TX seems to provide just about anything I could ever want or need, including experienced users to learn from.

Well, wish me luck! Got my USB PRO kit and my probe and I'm all ready to start.

Thanks so much! Take care :)
Marissa