Dashboard Update Safety

Warhawk1995

Feb 25, 2011
So I just heard today that there will be a dash update tomorrow (I wasn't on xecuter in a while), and I've never had a flashed 360 during a major dash update before. So I'm wondering all the necessary precautions. I've heard lots of people saying that you should flash your drive back to stock. If that's the case and I should just do that, is it safe to reflash afterwards?

Oh yeah and I apologize if this question has been asked a thousand times before. :D

Last edited:

chewyb

Feb 1, 2011
wisconsin
yes there will be a new dash update tomorrow. my advise to you is DO NOT update your console untell after c4eva and the team have a chance to analyze it. unfortunately you will have to stay off xbl untell then. if that is not an option then yes flash back to ofw and do not flash back untell lt+ v2.0 has been released for your drive or you have heard otherwise

Warhawk1995

Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, it's not a problem for me to stay off live, but I've flashed drives for some of my friends and now I'm scrambling to tell them to stay the f**k off live and they don't seem to understand. lol

chewyb

Feb 1, 2011
wisconsin
if that's what you're worried about you should be okay. this might be wrong but i'm pretty sure that certain drives will need to be flashed back and others won't. if they have one that needs to be then the update will fail and they will not be able to go on live anyway. if they have one that doesn't need to be flashed back then the update is going to flash it to a new ofw which will be fine to run on live it will just not play backups. again i an pretty sure this is accurate but not positive

Warhawk1995

Feb 25, 2011
But wouldn't you think the update failing would give some kind of flag instead of some kind of "well we f**ked up and can't update you" message?

chewyb

Feb 1, 2011
wisconsin
again i'm going off what i read on here not by personal experiance so take it for what it is. that said, there are many reasons the update could fail. as far as i know they shouldn't get banned for it, but it is always possible. if you can get a hold of them, like i said befor, i would definitely stay away from the update untell further notice from the team.

Warhawk1995

Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, I managed to get a hold of most of them. Except for my one of my good friends who probably wouldn't update the dash anyways out of paranoia. But he has a little brother, and we all know how that's gonna end. lol