Demon External Board

infyenyte

Noob Account
May 10, 2015
I had a demon install done by Oggy and got my console back this week but was having a little issue with the board on the back. It's not been grounded and wasn't connected when I received it, but as far as I am aware it should still work when trying to switch the nand. The demon is read by j-runner and works fine. I can use j-runner to toggle between both the retail and demon hand and that works fine too *touches wood*. However, I am unable to switch nand via the switch and the led does not light up either. Could anyone shed any light on how to fix this as it isn't practical to connect it to the my laptop in order to switch between the nands each time. I assume the board itself is working to some extent as I can detect the demon, so it isn't the ribbon cable not being seated properly.

Regards in advance

P.S Oggy is excellent and was really helpful when it came to the install and communication. Model human being :smile:

Last edited:

infyenyte

Noob Account
May 10, 2015
Could the ribbon have come loose on the demon? but surely then I wouldn't be able to toggle the nands through j-runner. I've tried holding the sync button to see if that does anything, but to no avail unless I'm doing it wrong

check ribber. or u could always toggle nand w/ sync on console.

andoryuu3

VIP Member
Dec 19, 2015
I'm chiming in to say I'm having the same issue with one difference-- DemoN is not detected in J-Runner with switch set to XB and using external board's mini USB port.

I can take my 'box apart, switch DemoN to PC, then use the micro USB port attached to the DemoN itself and can read/write to the DemoN just fine. (NOTE: I do NOT attempt any reading/writing to the Xbox NAND this way-- I don't want to risk it). I just can't get it detected any other way.

LEDs don't work, switch doesn't work, mini USB port doesn't work. Sync button to switch NANDs DOES work. I will try re-seating the ribbon cable from inside (reluctantly... ) in case that solves it. Otherwise, does anyone have any additional suggestions?

EDIT: I feel like a complete R-tard. Ribbon cable was inserted backwards on the external board side... Herp de derp lurp. Problem solved.

Last edited: