Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
This is the latest firmware v1.04 for the Xecuter DemoN

Please use J-Runner or DemoN ToolBox to update

Tons of bug fixes and new features such as Jasper BB 256/512 Support (Upgrade Kit Required) and the new "!DSWITCH" command that allows toggling of the NAND-flash. This new command is sent from software running on the Xbox 360 over serial interface to DemoN. (1 extra wire required - X8 needs to be soldered to 3V3 non-standy - wiring images can be found here)

The new J-Runner now also supports generating 16MB images from a 256MB or 512MB dump :)

The Xecuter DemoN now supports ALL non-MMC Xbox 360s !

NOTE: DemoN has a failsafe feature that can isolate firmware related problems with the following procedure:

- un-plug the Xbox 360 power supply
- press the DemoN push-button and keep it pressed all the time
- plug-in the power supply (while still keeping the push-button pressed)

Demon is now in forced bootloader mode. If it turns up in J-Runner or Toolbox now, you can downgrade to firmware version 1.02 and retry the latest update. Maybe there was some kind of data corruption, while the update was applied.

If you still cannot see Demon in either program, than it's definitely not firmware related.

This is pretty helpful in order to narrow down possible firmware related issues

rendis.adio

BANNED
Feb 25, 2011
Czech Republic
Will there be any DemoN solution for 4GB MMC NAND?

My White Slim Kinect Bundle is still waiting for it, i think many people are waiting too (-:

Thanks for your answer and any explanation.

nofeloniesyet

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere

My White Slim Kinect Bundle is still waiting for it, i think many people are waiting too (-:

if a solution does ever come for these boxes,i believe the physon chip ties into the console hardware and software wise is the problem here from what i understand. but if anyone can make it happen,you know who it will be!

Last edited:

razblade77

VIP Member
Sep 4, 2011
bedfordshire

if i remeber correctly someone from tx did say they were working on it some time ago or maybe i misread that anyways im sure someoe from tx will clarify.

hundshamer

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2011
Is there a changelog for the bug fixes? I just installed a Demon and do not use a serial interface. I was curious to the benefits to updating the firmware, besides the added functionality that I would not use.

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
As far as what has been said, it adds Dswitch capabilitys for developers, and 256/512MB big block support. For Dswitch you need to add a non standby 3.3v to pad x8. I would update, just because you never know what will be released next that will require dswitch. Im hoping for a way to program sonus with the demon...... That way i would never have to take my xbox apart again. Heres to hopeing. lol :)

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Note: DemoN has a failsafe feature that can isolate firmware related problems with the following procedure:

- un-plug the Xbox 360 power supply
- press the DemoN push-button and keep it pressed all the time
- plug-in the power supply (while still keeping the push-button pressed)

Demon is now in forced bootloader mode. If it turns up in J-Runner or Toolbox now, you can downgrade to firmware version 1.02 and retry the latest update. Maybe there was some kind of data corruption, while the update was applied.

If you still cannot see Demon in either program, than it's definitely not firmware related.

This is pretty helpful in order to narrow down possible firmware related issues

big_ted

VIP Member
Dec 31, 2003
Midlands UK
found a nice 3.3 non stand by on my trinity, the pin 12 right next to the pin 13 where the sync wire goes for he front panel connector, Probably others but this seemed easy.

Ted

Last edited:

professor_jonny

VIP Member
the new "!DSWITCH" command that allows toggling of the NAND-flash. This new command is sent from software running on the Xbox 360 over serial interface to DemoN.
I'm guessing this gives the ability toswap nand's on the fly to burn an untested nand image to the other bank? and there may be some software to follow in time to allow this as it would have to relocate the image and pointers to ram in the meantime or something ?

I'm guessing it's not an option to hold the sync button for several seconds to switch banks or could it be included in a future release?

Last edited:

jamiefff

Noob Account
Dec 29, 2010
earth
just want to know if i can update my demon firmware with out adding extra wire required. im not good at soldering.
i have xbox slim with trinity motherboard.:confused::confused:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
just want to know if i can update my demon firmware with out adding extra wire required. im not good at soldering.
i have xbox slim with trinity motherboard.:confused::confused:
Just do it via jrunner and the usb cable

Reactions: jamiefff

Support Our Sponsors