GENERAL Demon help

MartosTech

Feb 15, 2018
Ok so about to try and install another demon. first time failed. What should I do first? do i need to RGH the console first then install Dualnand? Read the nand then install? or just install the chip and demon and then RGH it?
Bit confused as the last time it did not want to power on at all once the demon was installed. Ended up lifting some pads off when trying to remove the demon so i just gave up.

GeekHeat

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2013
lancashire
Install demon first. As u need to read the nand anyway.
If u have 2 successful dumps of the nand, then u know that the demon side is usually good.

MartosTech

Feb 15, 2018
Ok so install Demon, read nand then complete RGH install? Also how am i meant to write the NAND to the demon? Is it meant to be the RGH side on the demon and stock on console?

MartosTech

Feb 15, 2018
If u have 2 successful dumps of the nand, then u know that the demon side is usually good.
Also not sure if you'd know anything about this, but my DemoN Toolbox will not open. My PC is a Windows 10 x64 system. Has no problem running Jrunner, just not Demon Toolbox.

MartosTech

Feb 15, 2018
Also what would be best for the install ? Coolrunner Rev C or Ace V3?
First one i tried was using a Ace V3 but that might've been the problem. Going to utilise a Rev C this time.

jligg

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2011
Cincinnati Ohio
The way I always went about it was install the demon, read your nand, write your stock nand to demon side then make sure both sides boot. That way you know demon install works perfectly. Then do the rgh process. If you install everything at once and there is an issue, it makes it a lot harder to narrow it down

Reactions: Game_Over

MartosTech

Feb 15, 2018
Installed demon and it booted straight to dash with normal nand selected. Went to read the nand and now Jrunner is giving me Header is wrong.. after reading the nand.

MartosTech

Feb 15, 2018
When i click the ? for motherboard, it just says
Version: 03Flash Config: 0x00023010
Trinity, Jasper 16MB

Doesn't tell me its a trinity board.

MartosTech

Feb 15, 2018
Desoldered some wires. Now getting this
Checking Console..
Version: 03
Flash Config: 0x00023010
Error: 610 reading block 0
Error: 610 reading block 1
Error: 610 reading block 2
Error: 610 reading block 3
Trinity, Jasper 16MB

Still not telling me the console type.

MartosTech

Feb 15, 2018
How am i meant to read nand? Am i meant to be reading it via NAND X or do it via the demon using demon toolbox? If its the second way, i can not get the toolbox to open and run no matter what i do. Tried on 2 different PC's and no luck at all.

GeekHeat

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2013
lancashire
How am i meant to read nand? Am i meant to be reading it via NAND X or do it via the demon using demon toolbox? If its the second way, i can not get the toolbox to open and run no matter what i do. Tried on 2 different PC's and no luck at all.
Just read the nand in jrunner using the demon