Demon Install_Noob Damaged Motherboard @ D2_Taking Suggestions

Seldomc

Noob Account
Dec 2, 2013
Hi all,

Love this forum by the way. I have an Xbox 360E 250GB (Corona V5), and I'm trying to install TX Demon Slim using the QSB. Nothing else has been installed or removed from the motherboard other than the TX Demon Slim. Unfortunately D2 was damaged in the process and now I'm taking suggestions on how to repair it, or a work-around. As of now, the motherboard was able to start up without the Hard Drive and Disk Drive. When I put it all together again...no power.

P1090874.jpg

Hopefully you can see, I tried several pictures. The pad was lifted and part for the copper line broke back towards the surface resistor.
So I'm looking for help, what should I do?
  • Can it be fixed? I'm guessing the circuit will need to be reconnected someway? What are these points called that go down to another layer?
  • Can I take a 30AWG wire from the local surface resistor to the D2 pad on the Demon?
  • Is there an alternative point?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you!

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Solder a tiny piece of wire from the side of the resistor to the remaining part of that VIA.

Once you have done that, solder a wire from the D2 pad on the DemoN to the repair you just made or to the correct NAND pin.

The pad you lifted is a NAND I/O point and it has been disconnected from the resistor which is why your console won't power on.

If you feel that this is beyond your level of skill, please send your board to a pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seldomc

Seldomc

Noob Account
Dec 2, 2013
Solder a tiny piece of wire from the side of the resistor to the remaining part of that VIA.

Once you have done that, solder a wire from the D2 pad on the DemoN to the repair you just made or to the correct NAND pin.

The pad you lifted is a NAND I/O point and it has been disconnected from the resistor which is why your console won't power on.

If you feel that this is beyond your level of skill, please send your board to a pro.

Thank you BL4K3Y, you rock these forums! I tried soldering my pre-tinned AWG30 wire to the VIA two times and the connection came off easily so I came to your team. Would using a glue over the solder connection to reinforce it be a bad idea? I'll give it another go tomorrow and let you all know how it goes.

Now for the correct NAND pin to the D2 pad on the Demon > Is finding the correct NAND pin difficult? Can the wire from the D2 pad also be soldered to the same end of the resistor the repair was made on (sorry if that's a stupid question :facepalm:)?

Thank you again, I appreciate your time.

@jligg - You are so right. I would recommend to anyone else that is thinking about breaking open their Xbox to send it to a pro unless you don't care about it anymore. I actually fell in love with this project though, and I'm going after my broken microwave after I fix this baby!

Seldomc

Noob Account
Dec 2, 2013
***FIXED***

I'm going to have to post my install in the noobie section for a laugh. What I did was stripped the center portion on an insulation 30AWG wire -> bent it sharply -> pre-tinned -> and then tried to nail that damaged VIA -> then connect one end to the resistor and the other to D2 pad on the TX Demon. I messed with this install most of the day, but by the end of it I got to play for a couple hours and feel like a champ. Thanks for the help!