GENERAL Demon installed, no console does not power on (but R/W is fine)

Revurt

Noob Account
Sep 3, 2012
Florida
Hey everyone,

After some previous issues with a different console that refused to glitch, I got my hands on another Jasper 16MB and tossed a CR Rev. C in with great success on RGH 1.2. Fast forward to today, and I installed the Demon without any issue, was able to read/write both the 360 and Demon sides, but now the console will not boot either side? both the CR and the Demon have power, and as I noted everything reads/writes fine, so is there something else I'm missing here or could check for? I've done installs in the past and have not had any issues (outside of needing to rewire a few points per usual).

Any advice or things to look for would be greatly appreciated! I can provide pics of the install if need be, but I wasn't sure if there's something more obvious I'm missing since it seems the Demon itself is working fine and the other alternative is I probably killed it with a solder drip or something

// EDIT: Would it be wise to test by detaching 3V from the Demon, remove CR_EN and the ribbon cables, etc. to see where the install is having issues? I've detached all demon wire (leaving the QSB in place) and the console does not power on still. If anyone could save me the headache and confirm if I killed this thing accientally somewhere along the way that would give me the peace of mind to to give up on this board.

nofeloniesyet

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
Hey everyone,

After some previous issues with a different console that refused to glitch, I got my hands on another Jasper 16MB and tossed a CR Rev. C in with great success on RGH 1.2. Fast forward to today, and I installed the Demon without any issue, was able to read/write both the 360 and Demon sides, but now the console will not boot either side? both the CR and the Demon have power, and as I noted everything reads/writes fine, so is there something else I'm missing here or could check for? I've done installs in the past and have not had any issues (outside of needing to rewire a few points per usual).

Any advice or things to look for would be greatly appreciated! I can provide pics of the install if need be, but I wasn't sure if there's something more obvious I'm missing since it seems the Demon itself is working fine and the other alternative is I probably killed it with a solder drip or something

// EDIT: Would it be wise to test by detaching 3V from the Demon, remove CR_EN and the ribbon cables, etc. to see where the install is having issues? I've detached all demon wire (leaving the QSB in place) and the console does not power on still. If anyone could save me the headache and confirm if I killed this thing accientally somewhere along the way that would give me the peace of mind to to give up on this board.

good high res images of all soldered to points would be helpful. sometimes a few sets of eyes on things can make a world of difference :)

tomtomb

Noob Account
Aug 18, 2018
Have you been able to figure it out ? I am having exact the same issue on Jasper 16MB, I can read and write both NANDS, but console does not power up (no green or any other light on console). I tried to disconnect the Demon power cable it did not help, I need to disconnect both power and RB wires to be able to power the console. Any ideas ?

I had to solder some wires directly to the console's nand as I broke the pads under demon while removing demon about 4th time but the issue with powering the console up was there for the very first attempt, that was the reason to remove it and re-solder again, but still the same result.

IMG_20180819_185110.jpgIMG_20180819_185117.jpgIMG_20180819_185126.jpgIMG_20180819_185150.jpgIMG_20180819_185156.jpgIMG_20180819_185159.jpgIMG_20180819_185213.jpg

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Last edited:

Revurt

Noob Account
Sep 3, 2012
Florida
I'm afraid not, this console escaped my best shot at it. I ended up putting the same Demon/Rev. C pair into a Falcon without any issue, so sadly this one is lost on me.

For anyone still poking their heads around these parts, here's the final product for all of you TX loving friends out there:

1.jpg4.jpg6.jpg7.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg
Have you been able to figure it out ? I am having exact the same issue on Jasper 16MB, I can read and write both NANDS, but console does not power up (no green or any other light on console). I tried to disconnect the Demon power cable it did not help, I need to disconnect both power and RB wires to be able to power the console. Any ideas ?

I had to solder some wires directly to the console's nand as I broke the pads under demon while removing demon about 4th time but the issue with powering the console up was there for the very first attempt, that was the reason to remove it and re-solder again, but still the same result.
OTE]

Attachments

Support Our Sponsors