Demon Phat - Step by Step Installation Guide

TheGlow

VIP Member
Mar 23, 2009
Brooklyn NY
Looks like 2 of the pics aren't loading. Pointing to xecuter.com in stead.
Also looks like the folder the pics are in is called steybystep.
I was about to start on mine and felt something critical was not present.

korn_16_f_t_l

VIP Member
Dec 30, 2005
Muir, Michigan
www.ps2hd.com
i like it dont get me wrong...but there are 2 things i dont think i like and its mostly cosmetic.

1) i sacrifice a memory card slot (not that i care but it leads into #2)

2) i have to remove the door to the memory card slot....i always liked my mods to appear nice sleek and integrated into the system.....perhaps something like the X3CP from the xbox would should be crafted? in this case it would really just be a custom face plate i would imagine.

i could deal with the loss of a memory card slot if they could make it look more cosmetically correct some how pretty much lol

Last edited:

korn_16_f_t_l

VIP Member
Dec 30, 2005
Muir, Michigan
www.ps2hd.com
That's for noobs easy install.

Just stick it under the side panel and make an access point for the usb in the grey plastic casing, you can switch nands using the sync button anyway!
didnt know about switching nands using the sync (im just looking into getting back into this after my JTAG died) and ya i was thinking about a small spot on the side panel or perhaps even on my blaster pannel to fit it at.....thing is if i fit it in the blaster panel then i have to remove the HDD

xbox360guru

Dec 11, 2010
Eastern Ontario, Canada
Thanks Uber for great guide! I received my Demon today and it's going into a jtagged Falcon with QSB's, Kit #5 installed on the under side of the motherboard. Is there any alternate wiring connection to the remote switch required for it to work with a jtagged console? I'm guessing it needs to turn the jtag on or off?

ya i was thinking about a small spot on the side panel or perhaps even on my blaster pannel to fit it at.....thing is if i fit it in the blaster panel then i have to remove the HDD
I'll be installing a blaster as well on this console, so I'm also looking at installing the switch and usb in that location keep me posted!

Last edited:

xbox360guru

Dec 11, 2010
Eastern Ontario, Canada
NOT MADE FOR JTAG, JUST RGH. Stop before you kill your console.
But this is quote directly from the Demon product description "Xecuter hasn't forgotten JTAG fans either, There are thousands upon thousands of users out there who run a perfectly functioning JTAG machine - many of them using the Xecuter JTAG QSB Install Kits that have become so popular over the last couple of years. Not only does the DemoN support all of the latest RGH devices such as the Xecuter CoolRunner - but they have also designed the DemoN to make sure that it doesn't affect any current JTAG installs - which is perfect for those who have the QSB kits installed and working perfectly - fitting the Demon does not require that they have to remove their functioning JTAG feature. Xecuter thinks of the customer experience first and foremost !"

TheGlow

VIP Member
Mar 23, 2009
Brooklyn NY
Well most people will wont a dual nand I assume to have a glitched nand and a retail. the jtag wouldn't be able to go retail, so it's a bit of a loss.

Reactions: pelago
L

LoneWolf913

To the guy asking about 'disabling' the JTAG wiring, I've never had any issues leaving the JTAG wiring in place running a retail nand. Ever. Period. Sure that was back in the Cygnos days, but the Demon should be the same. Course imo the only reason to throw a Demon onto a JTAG is to dual-boot Freeboot and RGL and have your serial debug and such right there in front of you, in which case you don't need to care about the wiring being left since both images need it.

xbox360guru

Dec 11, 2010
Eastern Ontario, Canada
To the guy asking about 'disabling' the JTAG wiring, I've never had any issues leaving the JTAG wiring in place running a retail nand. Ever. Period. Sure that was back in the Cygnos days, but the Demon should be the same. Course imo the only reason to throw a Demon onto a JTAG is to dual-boot Freeboot and RGL and have your serial debug and such right there in front of you, in which case you don't need to care about the wiring being left since both images need it.
What I'd like to do is Retail nand for XBL on the xbox nand and Freeboot on Demon is that possible or do I have to remove QSB for jtag and install Cool Runner?

- I would load the retail and turn off the jtag will the Demon boot with the jtag turned off?

L

LoneWolf913

What I'd like to do is Retail nand for XBL on the xbox nand and Freeboot on Demon is that possible or do I have to remove QSB for jtag and install Cool Runner?

- I would load the retail and turn off the jtag will the Demon boot with the jtag turned off?
If you want to dual-boot retail for XBL and a hacked image for homebrew, you'll need to upgrade to RGH2 which does require a Coolrunner. Boot times on Falcons aren't the greatest in the world either, so you may want to invest in a Slim or a Jasper, or at least be ready to experiment as per the 'Any headway with Falcon RGH2' thread.

abyss

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2010
Belgium
what is the brown and orange wire for actually? because they aren't on the install pics (picture of the drawn nand)

Reactions: pelago

cybrnook2002

Feb 17, 2005
Rochester Hills, MI
What is that Orange wire you have running to X7 on the Demon? You don't have that laid out on the color coded diagram of the solder pads, but is clearly soldered on your install.

TilVl

VIP Member
May 11, 2011
It tells you. Brown is to switch nands by syn.c button and orange is remote power. Power the console frm the usb module.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cybrnook2002

norm360

Noob Account
Dec 21, 2011
If you want to dual-boot retail for XBL and a hacked image for homebrew, you'll need to upgrade to RGH2 which does require a Coolrunner. Boot times on Falcons aren't the greatest in the world either, so you may want to invest in a Slim or a Jasper, or at least be ready to experiment as per the 'Any headway with Falcon RGH2' thread.
I have a RGH1 Falcon. If I wanted to dual-boot XBL + hacked image.

Can I install the Demon without having to upgrade to RGH2?

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
If you plan to use the retail side for live then you have to first get your CPU key and then update to 15574. No other way around that.

I hate TapaTalk auto correction. Please bare with me.