Demon Phat - Step by Step Installation Guide

Darkeru

Noob Account
Dec 18, 2012
Sorry for noobie question in advance;

Am I correct in understanding that it's possible to use this to mod a Phat Xbox (Jasper), running 2.016202?

Hoping to get a physical mod so I can use homebrew. Last time I went to the computer market nearby they said it wasn't possible, so hoping this release changes things.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
Am I correct in understanding that it's possible to use this to mod a Phat Xbox (Jasper), running 2.016202?

Hoping to get a physical mod so I can use homebrew. Last time I went to the computer market nearby they said it wasn't possible, so hoping this release changes things.
Do you have the CPU key and/or a 14717/14719 NAND dump from the console?

Darkeru

Noob Account
Dec 18, 2012
Do you have the CPU key and/or a 14717/14719 NAND dump from the console?
No. I've been looking into XBox Mods, but they confuse me honestly. I don't have any of the tools required either. I'm going to get someone else to do it if it is possible, but want to know if it is possible. If not then I'll probably go with a flashed drive, but it's not ideal since I want to play games from my own country (living abroad) and homebrew.

I take it that it's impossible to find out, without those things, which I'm guessing need special tools to find out?

Last edited:

alexander_1333

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Slovakia
No. I've been looking into XBox Mods, but they confuse me honestly. I don't have any of the tools required either. I'm going to get someone else to do it if it is possible, but want to know if it is possible. If not then I'll probably go with a flashed drive, but it's not ideal since I want to play games from my own country (living abroad) and homebrew.

I take it that it's impossible to find out, without those things, which I'm guessing need special tools to find out?
Not possible at this moment.Wait for DGX phat or a conversion from DGX slim to phat.

singlecell

Noob Account
Dec 19, 2012
Queensland, Australia.
Great guide, but I am embarrassed to ask but what are the next steps, I have searched the hell out of everywhere but there doesnt seem to be a simple answer. I can find tutorials on how to do certain things, but I am unsure which one should be done after this point.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Great guide, but I am embarrassed to ask but what are the next steps, I have searched the hell out of everywhere but there doesnt seem to be a simple answer. I can find tutorials on how to do certain things, but I am unsure which one should be done after this point.
I would therefore suggest getting someone to do it for you and explaining how a dual NAND device works.

singlecell

Noob Account
Dec 19, 2012
Queensland, Australia.
I would therefore suggest getting someone to do it for you and explaining how a dual NAND device works.
I am aware what the dual nand does. And how to flash it. I a just chasing the order in doing things.

I have not had anyone mod any of my other consoles before this one, and if I did I would be laughed out of my job. Just chasing a smige of help here.

Mauroz

Oct 21, 2013
Hello, i have a problem with install demon with r-jtag 1.1 on jasper 16 mb.Consoel don' t want boot with or wothout demon nand selected.I' am sure that haven' t a short point and the installation is good.With j runner i can read and write demon and 360 nand, but when i start 360 by button i the rf module 360 don' t start.There is a guide for demon with a r- jatg chip?Thanks

XMonsterModsX

BANNED
Sep 22, 2013
Hello, i have a problem with install demon with r-jtag 1.1 on jasper 16 mb.Consoel don' t want boot with or wothout demon nand selected.I' am sure that haven' t a short point and the installation is good.With j runner i can read and write demon and 360 nand, but when i start 360 by button i the rf module 360 don' t start.There is a guide for demon with a r- jatg chip?Thanks
Make your own thread

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

aaronouthier

Apr 17, 2015
California
Hi, I have looked at this guide numerous times and tried to get my Phat DemoN going on my Jasper unit a few different times. I never did get it going. I just realized - in the Box with the DemoN, there is another small board that doesn't appear to be shown or even mentioned anywhere in this guide. It appears to be a QSB of some kind. What is it, where does it go, and is it needed?