Demon Slim Alt Rebuild Points

robis00

Noob Account
Feb 28, 2012
Re: Slim Demon Rebuild Points

Another alternative would be to buy a 360-Clip and pop that on the NAND. It has a breakout board attached which you can just solder to. Less risk and provided you fix in place with a little hot-glue/tape, should do the job.
Can i use this for the alt RB point fix to?

PCP008

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
UK
I cant solder to these two pins very easily could someone point me in the direction for the traces, which I could solder too for both of them, would be much appreciated.

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
I cant solder to these two pins very easily could someone point me in the direction for the traces, which I could solder too for both of them, would be much appreciated.

This thread is as good as your to get. A lot of the traces head directly to the southbridge. Might be time to send it to someone?

Tapatalk misspelled it. Knot me.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)

If you can't solder to the NAND pins, what makes you think it would be easier to solder directly to a trace?

This fix is simple if you have the correct technique - good use of flux is essential :)!

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
If you can't solder to the NAND pins, what makes you think it would be easier to solder directly to a trace?

This fix is simple if you have the correct technique - good use of flux is essential :)!
And small gauge wire and a fine solder tip.

PCP008

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
UK
I have done plenty of trace repair also I've soldered to all other pins fine so don't know why these two are being a little bit more of a hastle.

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
I have done plenty of trace repair also I've soldered to all other pins fine so don't know why these two are being a little bit more of a hastle.
It just requires a different technique. You'll have to adapt. What gauge of wire are you using?

PCP008

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
UK
Don't worry I only had one of them left to do and seen as no one sent me trace image just went ahead and soldered it, not too hard just used a lot of flux and small wire

Shad0wX

Noob Account
Feb 19, 2013
NAND is NAND - search free60.org for NAND pinouts. They're the same for all consoles (incl. PS3 NAND).
Just wanted to clarify before I do the soldering to the nand pin. I need the nand pin for CLE on a Corona motherboard. (Long story short I did a wire install on the DemoN and the wire came undone underneath the DemoN chip so I need the alternate as I do not want to remove the DemoN again). Is the pin labeled on the picture in the first post (I believe that's a Trinity) the same pin I need on my Corona? I see Martin C said NANDs are the same for all consoles and wanted to make sure it is, in fact, the correct point.

Thanks for your help guys

champerro

Dec 4, 2011
Costa Rica
there will be some technique to clean these terminals?problem.jpg

contain a cheap flux and already hardened.

i try with tip, flux, and tin... no results

thanks

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
You've lifted 7 via pads. You were WARNED both here and on the card that it's for professional installation. You've clearly disregarded this advice and now want help (which you could find by searching the forums).

I strongly suggest finding someone to fix/install this for you.

champerro

Dec 4, 2011
Costa Rica
I know the seriousness of the matter.
to remove another product a few months ago.
I do not clean a cheap flux. And froze the sh*t.

and i how to fix it. (thanks god)
but wanted to avoid solder directly to the nand. (2 points)
wondered why some technique.
heat and add any liquid for example. (xdd)

thanks

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I know the seriousness of the matter.
to remove another product a few months ago.
I do not clean a cheap flux. And froze the sh*t.

and i how to fix it. (thanks god)
but wanted to avoid solder directly to the nand. (2 points)
wondered why some technique.
heat and add any liquid for example. (xdd)

thanks
You can't solder to what's left - not without proper skill. Please do not post again on this unless it's to get someone to fix your mistake.