DemoN Slim CORONA v1/v3 - Step by Step Installation Guide [+ DemoN Corona QSB]

ZerOneX

Sep 20, 2011
Hi folks, as I'm seeing a lot of guys asking for that I did my last Corona following (at least the best as I could) the T-X standards.

The first few photos I was using a purple wire for 5V VCC and a red to the GND!!! To avoid confusion or mistakes you'll see that I've changed it to RED (5V) and black (GND).

To the rest of them I'm following the same T-X standards as Trinity Guide.

As corona does not have this anchor point to secure/attach the modchip to the mobo, I'm using 3M double face adhesive tape to do it!!

like this photo provided by WNYConsoles (thank you)

You can take this diagram as base, just taking care about point RB (number 4)

Last edited:

ZerOneX

Sep 20, 2011
Here it is

[no links]

I'm using xsvf 4-3

Last edited by a moderator:

WNYConsoles

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
I was just about to post a Corona DemoN install tut but this is OK too. Assuming your using a CR3 Lite or REV C cut part of your adhesive pad and do like below in this picture. Using DemoN + Corona QSB Converter. This keeps the DemoN level so it doesn't move or bend once installed.

Last edited:

ZerOneX

Sep 20, 2011
I was just about to post a Corona DemoN install tut but this is OK too. Assuming your using a CR3 Lite or REV C cut part of your adhesive pad and do like below in this picture. Using DemoN + Corona QSB Converter. This keeps the DemoN level so it doesn't move or bend once installed.

Link To Image
I'm using 3m double face adhesive tape!!

Thanks for the advice anyway!!

Gonna update it into tut!!

Cheers

Reactions: NeuroMasterX

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
As there appears to be some confusion over a Demon and Corona boards, will this work with both the 4Gb and 16mb versions of Corona?? not personally tried to install a Demon in a Corona yet.
4GB Coronas are Big Block NANDs and as such are not supported yet.

Reactions: seanr28

ZerOneX

Sep 20, 2011
DemoN QSB not working in Corona v3
tks man!!! nice catch....

but I would say that we can modify DemoN Corona QSB to make it work.

with a dremel, reconnecting few traces if needed (D4 maybe)!!

gona test it soon!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Screamo

NeuroMasterX

Mar 24, 2010
Please repair the pics or remake the tut because alot of people will be in difficulties looking at the pics. For me is not a problem, but for someone that is not very carefully.... Anyway Thanks for the tut.

D.Triplett

Dec 14, 2012
East Coast, USA
Mine was not really intended as a (complete) tutorial. I sort of wished to start that way, but since this is my only slim, and not a lot of money to replace pieces I mess up, all I could do is show what I did as a general guide.

I do hope to have a second slim in the relatively near future, and if so I will use that one to make a more detailed tutorial, avoiding the mistakes I made this time (but probably making all new ones :))