Demon Slim - Step by Step Installation Guide

petronio

Noob Account
Feb 25, 2011
If you want to use xbl then yes of course you'd revert your onboard NAND to stock.
excuse my doubt but with "revert to stock" do you mean a dashboard upgrading with an original update (and then write the damon) or we should prepare an original nand starting from an extracted untouched nand (the first one extracted when we had RGHacked the xbox) with the pc tools?

Spudnutz

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2010
Las Vegas, NV.
excuse my doubt but with "revert to stock" do you mean a dashboard upgrading with an original update (and then write the damon) or we should prepare an original nand starting from an extracted untouched nand (the first one extracted when we had RGHacked the xbox) with the pc tools?
"revert to stock" references your consoles nand only!
Now do you think having any other image other then a "stock" image on your consoles nand is wise, prior to any dash update?
answer = no (common sense peeps!)

Basically keep your original dump handy to rewrite to your consoles nand or as i have it, still existing for xbl purposes.

as far as tools - users choice (JR :rolleyes2:)

talby71

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2010
Near Melbourne , Australia
Last edited:

TilVl

VIP Member
May 11, 2011
There was an idea to do a version of demon that had the coolrunner built in but it was scrapped. That was also a really long time ago around the anoucement of the demon.

If you stayed current or read the install guides you would know this.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

360nemesis

Jul 4, 2011
There was an idea to do a version of demon that had the coolrunner built in but it was scrapped. That was also a really long time ago around the anoucement of the demon.

If you stayed current or read the install guides you would know this.

there is nothing to read just pics at the minute.

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
i was under the impression that all we needed was the demon

im sure i read that here in the tx website
integrating a coolrunner was an idea that was talked about, that is all - its never been a feature of the Demon for a huge list of obvious reasons. the product specs and description has been public for a long time now

Hugox

Dec 2, 2011
Ive done over 30 coolrunner installs. All by wires only. For some reason i dont like quick solder points...:rolleyes2:
However in the specsheet of the demon it says you can choose between wire only install, or the quicksolderpoints. However when i look at the installpics i see the 1-6 wires soldered AND the qspoints soldered (the purple ponts). Is this correct? Do i have to solder the wires AND the qspoints? Because in some thread uber said it was only six wires. Kinda confused now..:confused:

TilVl

VIP Member
May 11, 2011
Qsb make a install look much more clean. They are easier as well if you just prep your points.

I think this is the biggest problem for people and qsb. Just flux the area that the qsb will attach. Apply a small amount of solder to each point. Fit qsb and apply a little more flux then dab with your iron they will join that easily. Then go back and clean the area. Its super simple and looks professional.

Reactions: Fear na Boinne

Hugox

Dec 2, 2011
Qsb make a install look much more clean. They are easier as well if you just prep your points.

I think this is the biggest problem for people and qsb. Just flux the area that the qsb will attach. Apply a small amount of solder to each point. Fit qsb and apply a little more flux then dab with your iron they will join that easily. Then go back and clean the area. Its super simple and looks professional.

Thx. Gonna try that.. However. Do i solder wires AND qsb? Or do i solder wires only, or qsb only..

big_ted

VIP Member
Dec 31, 2003
Midlands UK
There is both you can do wires only or qsb and wires, there is no just qsb's.

While you can use only wires, it'll be harder to do than the qsb's it was designed for, just wires will be messy. There are pads near all the qsb points to solder too, the data points (d0 -d8) are small.

The pink are qsb's and the numbers are wires all needed.

Heres a phat dual nand wire install to give you some idea, how hard and messy it looks.

Ted

Last edited:
Reactions: juanguib360

Hugox

Dec 2, 2011
So it is: Or solder only wires 1-6 and dont use the qsb(purple points) or do both.. Whats the point of doing wires&qsb both, if wires only suffice? Mayb im overlooking something?

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

Guess ill just to both to be sure :) connect wires 1 thru 6 and connect small datapads purple dots via qsb

Hugox

Dec 2, 2011
I think i get it. I have to connect the purple points AND the wires both. The Demon won't work without the purple points; the data points connected to (or the QSB near them, or to the wire solder pads on the demon itself..). I thought that when i used wires 1-6 i wouldn't have to solder the purple points to the qsb/or the solder pads on the demon.

Guess i was wrong. Sometimes my mind makes things more diff than they are..;)

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

There is both you can do wires only or qsb and wires, there is no just qsb's.

While you can use only wires, it'll be harder to do than the qsb's it was designed for, just wires will be messy. There are pads near all the qsb points to solder too, the data points (d0 -d8) are small.

Link To Image

The pink are qsb's and the numbers are wires all needed.

Heres a phat dual nand wire install to give you some idea, how hard and messy it looks.

Link To Image

Ted
p.s. your pic dual nand phat pic does not work..

big_ted

VIP Member
Dec 31, 2003
Midlands UK
you need the 6 wires and the 15 pink dots 21 in all to be soldered, you can use wire from the big points just behind the qsbs to the points on the board, the demon will need mounting else where as it it'll be in the way of the points if you wanted to do wires only, you still need all 21 points soldered.

Just use the qsb's much neater job

Ted